“Relaxed atmosphere”

Price range: US$0 - US$8
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Not a fast food stop. Enjoy the view on the Tennessee river while dining.

2  Thank VIPLEE

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Myself & my wife think of ourselves as BBQ connoisseurs, we have eaten BBQ all over the Country & always try & work our way around a new area BBQ wise. We moved to Chattanooga about 3 months ago and after reading the reviews on Rib & Loin thought we would give it a bash this weekend as we try a different restaurant & variety of foods every week.

The Rib & Loin is without a doubt the worst & bland BBQ we have ever eaten, I can only presume the people who give it great reviews do not have a car & are in walking distance. As mentioned by someone else, the shredded chicken & pork in the 3 meat combo & the chicken sandwich was a disgusting way to serve it.

It's a shame the service was excellent & the restaurant was very clean & welcoming, but if I could never eat BBQ again except from the Rib & Loin I would never eat one of my favorite meals again.

Sorry I was that disappointed.

1  Thank soundasapound
Reviewed 11 January 2012

A lot of argument can be made in Chattanooga about which bar-b-que may be the best. I have found that every time I have gone to Rib & Loin, they have consistently great quality food. The chicken is possibly their best item. I usually get the beef sandwich, and it is also a great meal. Nice, smoky flavor, and good sauces at the table if you want that, too. I have made the mistake of walking in there thinking I was going to pay fast-food type prices. It's not that--it's a sit-down restaurant with an appropriate price tag. The food is worth it. I also suggest getting some to go if you are having friends over, etc.

1  Thank MeGusta H
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Our family loves to eat here! one of the best things on the menu is the bbq loaded potato! i am from chattanooga but now live in St.Louis and we stop here every time we are home. great service and great food!

1  Thank Robyn B
Reviewed 27 November 2011

There are many great BBQ restaurants in the Chattanooga area. This one is the best! My husband and I had to move to NC for jobs when the economy tanked, but this is always the first place we want to eat at when we are back home. NC style BBQ does not compare, so we crave this stuff! My family and I always enjoy going here for the best Southern pulled pork sandwiches, loaded pork potatoes, and pork plates. Portions are huge for the price, and the pork is very finely pulled, almost shredded. Their coleslaw is very creamy and so delicious. Steak fries are tasty, too. Service is fast and friendly, and the restaurant is decorated so beautifully for each season and holiday. If you want good ribs, I suggest Sticky Fingers or Smokey Bones instead.

1  Thank iluvtownsend