“Great Downtown Lunch Place”
Review of Flatiron Deli

Flatiron Deli
Ranked #246 of 847 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Flatiron Deli is my favorite go-to lunch stop. The regular sandwiches and salads on the menu are delicious and the daily specials are very tempting. It's usually a popular place on pretty days, so be prepared to wait in line. The people are nice, the food is top notch and it's a unique place to grab lunch with your coworkers and friends.

My favorites are the turkey club, the bacon blue cheese potato salad, and the BLT salad (add cheese). They have the best bacon in town, hands down. I'm only sad that they stopped serving breakfast years ago.

Reviewed 30 March 2017

My wife and I were in town meeting with an old friend who took us to lunch here. I'm glad he did because otherwise I would have never known of it. It's neat old style place, pretty small but the turnover is fairly quick. They have a surprisingly varied menu with lots of choices, you line up place your order and wait for your name to be called. The food we got was excellent, it's easy to see why the place is so popular with the locals.

Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

Best Rueben sandwich outside New York. Wife had the chicken salad. Happy tongues!!!!!!. Make this a must stop when here. Great food..great prices

Reviewed 4 December 2016

If you work at Unum or are downtown for a trip to the courthouse (hopefully for something mundane like renewing your car tags and not something less fun...), this is a great place to stop and have lunch. I am not picky and often opt for the special, which is usually $8 or $9 depending on what they're offering. And, random, they also have this awesome painting of Lt. Nyota Uhura from the original Star Trek series. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Flatiron Deli is almost always packed out around lunchtime, but somehow I never have trouble finding a table, getting my food quickly, or enjoying my meal. The prices are pretty good, with a sandwich + chips + a drink usually less than $10. The extensive hot sauce collection is a nice touch that my co-workers and I enjoy perusing.