All reviews valet parking brazilian steakhouse within walking distance great location rooftop deck ihg member front desk valet guys moon pie valet area few minutes walk valet service room service was great fourth floor great hotel and staff pool and gym the living room area
Reviewed September 10, 2018

There are no works to describe the amazing care and service we received at our stay. Our family, bridal party, and guest all stayed here and from the moment we scheduled the block of rooms Jonathon & Ashley were absolutely the best. We have stayed at a lot of hotels but this one felt more like a resort from the moment you Valet to the time you lay down to sleep. They went way above what we expected for our wedding and we are forever grateful. Their excellent customer service and genuine care for us to have a wonderful weekend shined so bright. To top it off, they put rose pedals on our bed as we returned from our ceremony. I will only be staying here and my guest also agreed hands down best hotel in the area!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Loved this hotel the staff was very nice and friendly we had the executive suite it was so nice and clean and comfortable the only draw back was we didn't like the Rodizio Grill the breakfast was ok but we didn't care for dinner the Rodizio in Atlanta is better other than that we will stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel and the valet damaged my car. The hotel's investigation was not expeditious. The car was on video entering valet's parking garage at check in but resolution will not be provided up until 48 hours which will be 24 hours after checkout when video is readily available. Hotel manager was accusatory and not empathetic. Self parking was very limited also costing a fee, and at some times unavailable. Breakfast buffet was not included in hotel rate. Dissatisfied and completely disappointed as Holiday Inn is generally very consistent. Will not be back to this location and would not recommend as there are many other nice hotels in the area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank crystalshine82
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi crystalshine82,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit to Chattanooga. I hope the damage on your car wasn't that serious. Reading your review, I feel that you have stayed at several Holiday Inns in the past. Just like you said, we put importance in providing you the high level of service you are used to having with our chain. I'm sorry that what you had was far different because of what happened to your car and what you perceive the hotel investigation seemed to be. I also noticed that you hoped the rate you booked already includes breakfast and the parking supposedly complimentary. I felt how dissatisfied these things made you feel, crystalshine82.

This certainly is not the experience we'd like to leave you. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be. We continuously look for ways to make your experience memorable. Reviews such as this goes a long way in identifying areas where we can improve. Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and review these things that came up short. I hope you also get a chance to read the message I dropped via your inbox to further talk about your review.

Your stay may not have been the best picture to remember of us but I am positive to capture a better one as soon as you get back. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Brand new hotel with great rooms. Had an Executive Suite with separate bedroom and bathroom with a shower. Shower door would not shut was truly the only issue with the room. Had to jam a wash rag into the door jamb to keep it from sliding open and getting water all over the floor.

Housekeeping and 90% of the staff were great. Unfortunately these folks need to up their game for big events. In town for Ironman 70.3. On Sunday they had one person working the desk and she was a real piece of work. Called to ask if we could pay for an extended checkout (after 1 as the event started late) and was told no. Told we would have to make a new reservation and pay for an extra night. She had the customer service skills of a dishrag.

If you want to get return business make sure you are flexible and make sure you prepare adequately with staff to accommodate check outs.

Also make sure if you extend a late checkout to 1:00 you update the room key expiration so people can get into their rooms up into that time.

Next year staff up for breakfast on the day of the race so you can offer something instead of a halfway continental for $5. Very nice you offered something but could tell you had not planned adequately.

Lastly- charging $14 for parking per day is highway robbery.

Next time we will stay again at The DoubleTree or The Hampton next door. Only reason you are getting a 3 is for the other awesome staff and the room.

Stayed: October 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Hi jcmallard1,

While I'm glad about your nice words on our rooms and house keeping staff, I'm sorry to hear that your experience didn't go well due to your unsatisfactory interaction with our receptionist, as well the issues you had with our breakfast selection and parking fee. What you described certainly isn't what Holiday Inn wants you to have. I've noted your feedback and shared them with the hotel management and front office team so that necessary actions can be taken to avoid similar situations from happening again.

Thank you for being our guest and for choosing to stay us. We look forward to hosting you again for a chance to make up for our shortcomings.

Regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night. Hotel was very clean. The staff was awesome and prompt with anything we needed. If we are ever back in town will definitely stay again!!
Only con was valet parking required and was 15 dollars but can come and go as often as you want. It was worth it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple