1,660 results
All reviews historic hotel valet parking porter's steakhouse valet service junior suite historic feel beautiful lobby per day downtown chattanooga broad street sitting area free shuttle fitness center an older hotel indoor pool choo choo starbucks
Reviewed March 29, 2016

We would have loved to stay with you, we had booked it for our honeymoon night specifically because of the reviews and kind customer service I received on the phone when I called to book the room. However, this same kindness was not shown to us when we came at 10:30pm the night of our wedding. I had received two phone calls 8 minutes apart after 9pm on Saturday, March 19th asking if we were still coming and to please confirm the room. The need for this phone call is puzzling to me as I told you it was my wedding night when I booked it, I received a “reconfirmation” email one week prior to arriving and I called you back 15 minutes before we arrived at the valet to make sure that my room was still available. I was told over the phone that my room was there and that you looked forward to greeting us. We unloaded our bags onto the cart and as our ride was pulling away we were informed that our room did not exist.

The reason we could not confirm our room during you 9:38pm and 9:46pm phone calls were because we were getting married, information that was known to you. When we did get the chance to call you back, our room was still promised to us. The lack of follow through is upsetting. The lack of professionalism from your staff when we were told to walk (in our wedding dress and suit) two blocks away to stay in a free room at “comparable” Stay Bridge hotel is insulting. The confusion between telling us we had a hotel room and 15 minutes later telling us that we did not is unacceptable.

Our frustration still lingers as this night was supposed to be so special. We were looking forward to it being special. We wanted to stay somewhere stress free and in the heart of Chattanooga. We wanted to stay with you. We were robbed of all of that.

I sincerely hope that you address this issue with your room confirmation process.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney M
Reviewed March 29, 2016

Taylor Davis is the young man to see when you need valey parking! He started our trip off positively. The hotel is a lovely old hotel with beatiful character. The rooms have been updated and are very comfortable. The pool is wonderful and right outside the pool is a sitting area so that while children swin, you can keep an eye on them without being poolside. The fitness center is larger than most and offers a variety of equipment. The hotel is in a very good location for food, entertainment and walking to the convention center if you happen to be going there.

Room Tip: Very nice and accomodating, friendly staff from the front desk staff to Taylor Davis, the kind, young man who valet-parked our car.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

We loved it! It was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was super friendly and even upgraded our room to a suite. We will definitely be coming back! It's our new favorite!!!! The old details and designs throughout the hotel were amazing. Perfect location in downtown. We walked everywhere from there. Perfect place!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2016

It's a hotel with some charm and age, dowdy, but that's probably the look it's going for. It's architecturally interesting but not jaw-dropping. The bit about the haunting of room 311 is fun (Google it). We had a two room junior suite which was spacious and comfortable, and well furnished without being top flight or to the moment. There is a Starbuck's on the premises, convenient for that top of the morning over-roasted coffee. My only complaint, and it's a big one, is that our mattress was long past the point of needing replaced. You know the kind where if you're not exactly in a precise spot, you're either sleeping uphill or downhill? After two days had a severe back ache. Would consider staying here again, or not. Chattanooga is not the land of boutique hotels.

Room Tip: A junior suite, with a AAA discount, was a very good value.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2016

My wife & I went to Chattanooga to visit our son that moved there in September 2015.
Also to see the Moody Blues @ the Tivoli Theatre. Our room was upgraded to a suite that was a delight to us. The king bed was comfy.The room was quiet & clean. We stayed in 815. The hostesses Allison & Ebony were very kind & professional & helpful. All of the staff were great. We enjoyed our stay & would highly recommend this historic hotel to anyone that enjoys the atmosphere & the beautiful architecture. We would much rather stay in a place of character & history than a contemporary setting. To each his own. Chattanooga is a beautiful thriving city growing in business & the arts. My wife wants to escape our Pennsylvania winters & move there. Unlimited places to dine & enjoy a beverage. Would stay at the Read House Historic Inn again no question. Thank you so much for a wonderful visit. We tip our hats to you all.

Room Tip: Get a corner suite if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family