See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2020

We walked into the room and I laid the key on the table. It stuck. Table was dirty and sticky. We had adjoining rooms because I had to get two rooms to fit five people. We opened the doors between the rooms and food and crumbs and other stuff filled the gap.

Asked about the pool. It was open, but only four people could be in there at one time. We had five people in our family.

Ad on line for the motel said Hot Breakfast. Sign out side of motel said Hot Breakfast. I thought since things were beginning to get better with the COVID 19 that they actually had a hot breakfast. Yeah, not so much. We went to the breakfast area and they had coffee and tea and powdered sugar donuts and sticky buns. No juice. We don't drink coffee or tea. I went to complain and they said that third shift must have forgotten to plug in the juice machine. So they plugged it in and only had orange juice. The apple juice port only had water. If they had changed the sign to "Continental Breakfast" I would not have been surprised or angry. But in the three or four months prior, the management did not change the sign. A few dollars off on the price would have made it much better. They Claim that breakfast is included in the price, but as much as it cost, they are definitely charging for it.

They didn't have regular room key holders so they used the receipt and folded it to use.

I flipped the switch over the sink and it didn't come on. Tried several more times. Nothing. An hour later it came on.

Exhaust fan in the bathroom did not work. I really needed it.

I was not happy with the entire experience

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank donberry214
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. It is not like us to deliver poor accommodations and we will work our hardest to get back to the standard we are known for.

We appreciate your time in pointing out the areas in most need of attention as we work towards improving upon our accommodations.Know that actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a better stay next time. We understand that you are hesitant to return based on this experience, though we hope to have another chance to impress you in the future.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 31, 2020 via mobile

My mother called and reserved a room on
05/28 for a one night stay on 05/30. I arrived to the room quite late as my husband and I both worked and then had to drive almost 4 hours to get here.

At approximately 11:00pm, someone from the front desk called my mother to see if we were still checking in. She told them that due to protests and the main road being closed down by the police, we would be arriving a bit late, but were on the way. The front desk person was waiting for me when I arrived and was very nice and helpful at check-in.

When I first arrived in the room, I went to the restroom. I immediately noticed that next to the toilet in the corner was a beer bottle cap. Upon further examination of the room, I found complete filth everywhere. There were garbage, piles of dirt, ashes, sticky spots on dressers from drink spills, sink would not drain, and more disturbing finds throughout the room.

The front desk was notified of the condition of the room and gave me no option but to immediately vacate the room and return to the front desk for a refund.

At this time it was almost midnight. I tried to explain to the gentleman that I was just letting them know of the condition and that it being so late, we would keep the room and I would share the pictures in the morning. He found this unacceptable and demanded that we immediately return to the front desk.

As we were gathering our belongings and putting our shoes on to do just that, he called the room at least 3 separate times, which I just let ring through. I took the keys and receipt to the front desk and with not so much as an apology, I was handed (almost thrown) my refund and was asked if anyone remained in the room. I was not given my receipt back nor a receipt showing the refund was given, in cash, and the refund of the $50.00 deposit that was held on my mothers credit card. I am still questioning what this deposit is for because of how I found the room. Especially with the threat of COVID-19, cleanliness is apparently not of any concern tobthebstaff/owner.

I left this motel confused as to why one would rent out a room in such disarray and then upon finding out that whomever was supposed to clean the room, failed miserably, showed no concern or compassion to the guests. The motel parking lot was quite empty and being after midnight, I doubt it was sold out. Not offering another room or even the choice to stay in the room we were in, and the rudeness upon. receiving my refund only adds to my reasoning to warn others about this motel.

Please look around. There are many motels in the same area that are just as nice, if not nicer, for around the same cost, or less, and they are willing to go the extra mile to make their guests happy. The motel we ended up staying in offered extra towels, coffee, and asked many questions, trying to get us the cheapest room avaliable, using whatever discounts were avaliable.

I have, and likely will continue, to stay in Choice motel/hotels, but I hope that this issue is not an ongoing one, and can be settled so that another guest does not have to deal with the lack or compassion for their buisness.

Date of stay: May 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kraziebabygirl
CHAMPAIGN64, General Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2020

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you during your recent reservation. As a matter of fact though hotel was not sold out but, hotel didn't have any other smoking room options qvailable on that night where our agent can move you in to as per our guest satisfaction policy. All hotel rooms are recently been remodeled completely. Management decided to offer you full refund so that you may move in to other hotel of your choice and satisfaction. Security deposit policy is mentioned on the website and also at the front office to cover up any incidental charges inclding damage/missing items during the stay when guest is pay for the stay with Cash. In the case, deposit is not available in cash has been authorized on card on file, due guest acceptance. This authorization will be taken off as per the banking rules. Since hotel room that didn't liked has been rented out again on the same night without any issue. We apologize that we were not able to meet to your expectations.Thank you.

Reviewed June 21, 2019

The ladies who checked us in and out were nice, but they were the only positives to be found at this hotel. The room was FILTHY! The floor was sticky, there was black mold in the grout of the shower, and the when I pulled a hand towel I inadvertently dusted the rack! I also felt that I was being bitten by tiny somethings when I was in bed, but I’ll admit that might have been psychosomatic since I couldn’t find bites the next day. This was my first and last stay at an Econlodge!

Room tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ScVulpine
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your feedback. Our apologies for the bad experience and with the condition of the hotel room at that time. Our ultimate goal is to offer a nice stay to all our guests but failed. know that actions shall be taken to improve everything on priority and you can have a better stay next time. Hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed June 21, 2019

I always like it when they don't have carpet, laminate flooring very nice. Clean beds. AC a little noisy rattly, but not bad. Shower was nice, full sized. Place clean and comfortable for a stay while traveling.
Breakfast non existant with only coffee and cereal, but a shoney's across the street took care of that.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jen S

Hi jfs6,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are so glad that you find our place clean and comfortable. We take all reports of lacking service and your suggestions for improvement, particularly those that you have raised such the carpet, AC and the breakfast options. We greatly appreciate your time in bringing a number of important matters to light and we hope that you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next stay with us.

Reviewed June 3, 2019

Exercise room equipment in bad shape. Treadmill and other equipment not working properly. Also had to put a 50 dollar security deposit. Never had to before. Would never stay there again. Breakfast was good for an Econo Lodge.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank muffin123456
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge & Suites Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Dear muffin123456,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your expectations of quality service and accommodations. We take all reports of lacking service especially with the exercise/ gym equipments not working properly. We greatly appreciate your time in bringing this matter to us and we hope that you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next stay with us.