All reviews road trip comfortable beds front desk person parking lot tn mart elevator tub toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

We were traveling from SC to MT for a travel nursing contract. We decided to stop here in TN after a long day of driving. We used the choice hotel app to book the room. The room rate according to the app was $65. I tried using the corporate code given to me by my recruiter, which would have made it much less. Upon checking in, the front desk clerk told me that I could not use the code, as the hotel was under new management. I was tired and weary so I didn’t argue. Upon checking out the total was $91.00! I thought it was supposed to be $78.00 total ($65 plus tax). The clerk even knew it was wrong because she said she would have the manager reach out to me later, which she did a couple of weeks later after I left a review of this situation. She says she wanted to make it right, but then tells me without a screen shot, she can’t help me. Why would I screen shot my hotel room on an app for the night? It’s not a lot of money, but it’s the principle. She was of no help whatsoever. Moral of the story; screen shot your rates...

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 679jennifere
MainStayStsCville, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

My apologies again Jennifer. The rate that you sent me does not show up in my system. If you could check with the recruiter, and have them send me the information maybe this will help me further look into this.

Warm regards,
Heather

Reviewed April 25, 2019

On 3/23, we were traveling from Florida to Iowa and needed a place to get some sleep. We reserved a room at your hotel, Clarksville, TN Mainstay Suites Fort Campbell through Priceline. We checked in at 12:47 AM on 3/24. What happened after that was something my family and I will never forget.

We finally got settled in and fell asleep around 2:00 AM. Shortly before 4:00 am, our door was opened up from the hallway with a key. When I went over to see who was at the door, I realized that the door was open and the only thing that stopped someone from coming in our room was the swing lock towards the top of the door. I immediately called the front desk to see if they could find out who just tried to enter our room, but there was no answer. I am not sure if the night desk clerk was busy somewhere or if it was him that was trying to get in our room. Either way, at this point I was just seconds from calling the police as I had no idea why someone was trying to get to our room and with two little kids, we were freaking out. My wife and I were awake pretty much the rest of the night.

The thing I think is odd is that when I told the front desk about it when we were checking out, they said that I was like the 3rd or 4th person to tell them that this had happened recently at the hotel. One of the front desk lady asked another, "do you think that it would be George doing that"?(I think it was George that she said) I don't know who George is, but if he is opening peoples doors in the middle of the night, that seems like an issue that needs addressed immediately. They also explained to my why the deadbolts weren't working on the doors. It has something to do with the renovations and the wrong door or door jam or something needed replaced. That I can understand as the renovations looked nice and I understand there can be hiccups when doing that.

Needless to say, we did not get the sleep we needed/wanted that night and the next day driving home we had to pull over to take naps to make it home. So for the most part, the $99.97 we paid for that room, was not worth it at all. I understand that there are things that happen that are not totally in control of the hotel, but if someone has a key and is getting in rooms(or even if they don't have a key), that seems as though that is an issue that should be handled by the hotel immediately, not after the 3rd or 4th person has told them that.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Adventure697194
MainStayStsCville, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Greetings,

Our sincere apologies that you had a less than perfect stay. Our construction staff George was looking for a water leak that had been reported from the rooms below. In his haste he did not think to verify if the room had been occupied as he was used to the floor being empty since we had just opened this floor a few days prior. We do hope that if you are in town again you give us another chance.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

We drove 16 hours through the night to get to Clarksville for a funeral. We were warmly welcomed and able to check in several hours ahead of time, which was greatly appreciated. We were put in a little room by the pool (which was closed for renovations ...bummer, but glad to see updates coming). As I showered I looked up while washing my hair and noticed dead roaches in the light fixture. *sigh* Ok, as a Minnesota girl, I am NOT loving that but it’s the south and I’ll deal. After we rested and ran some errands I sat on the couch to journal and caught a flash in the kitchen to my left. Looked over, nothing there. Went back to my journal and the flash again. Yup, mouse in the kitchen. Called the front desk and the staff was again amazing, friendly and quickly moved us to a different room. This one had cobwebs in the corner above the nightstand but otherwise fine. Management took care of us at checkout and made the inconveniences right by us. Long story short, AMAZING and friendly staff. Hotel is under renovations and will probably be incredible soon. Housekeeping could use some work.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dnc1977
MainStayStsCville, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2019

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are happy that you were able to look past our short comings that are being corrected. Love hearing that our staff was able to take care of you. Hope you can visit us again after we are done renovating.

Reviewed February 3, 2019

We stop at Clarksville on our roadtrip to Florida. This is the fifth hotel we are trying, as the others have been dirty, old, noisy and expensive. MainStay Suites was very clean and quiet. Staff was excellent and friendly. Room was just as requested with king bed on second floor near elevator. Room includes full size refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher! We only needed the refrigerator. Bathroom is small but adequate and clean! King bed was comfortable. Breakfast was minimal but good. Plan on using this establishment for future stays!

Room tip: Room 213 is on the front of building.
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank E1560MJjeanb

Thank you so much for staying with us and doing this review. We strive hard to make sure our guests feel welcome, and it sounds like they did their job well. We are looking forward to you visiting us again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2018

We stayed here for 5 days, mostly nights as we visited family during the days for Thanksgiving week. The coffee was good, the bagels were good and we had to ask for the cream cheese at the desk. We didn't try the other breakfast items. The room and the bed was fantastic. Full size refrigerator, microwave - a really nice kitchenette. And the hotel is all non-smoking. Although when we first arrived we learned that the room they were going to give us had someone disrespect the no smoking and really stunk up the room. So we were given another room. Also, the key cards got scratched and stopped working twice therefore the clerk gave us two new ones. The clerks and the cleaning crew are very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place for a few days or so. Also there is a one time pet deposit, non refundable, The other hotels in the area we called would either not allow pets or wanted a daily pet fee.

Room tip: we were on the first floor, except for the exit side door next to the room when someone was coming in or going out, it was very quiet.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Georgia H
MainStayStsCville, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2018

Greetings Georgia,

I loved meeting you, and am so glad you were able to relax and have a good time here at the MainStay Suites. Thank you so much for the kind comments about the staff, I can't wait to share this with them, they loving knowing they are doing a good job. We hope you can stay with us again soon!

Heather