All reviews road trip comfortable beds front desk person parking lot tn mart elevator tub toilet
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2020

This hotel was a Main Stays but they have turned it into a Comfort Suites now so most everthing is NEW. They were putting a new roof on and redoing the front when we were there. One of the best things about this place is the location. Everything in this area is close by, you pretty much can walk to any place if you wanted to. Not to mention that there is a Super Wal Mart practicaly in the same parking lot. You could walk there faster then you could drive. Great breakfast in the morning, and don't forget to bring your swimsuit because they have a indoor pool.

Room tip: Don't forget they have an indoor pool...
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Q4283JArobertp
MainStayStsCville, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2020

Good Morning,
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope your next stay is just around the corner. Call us if there is anything we can help you with.

Laura Sherrell
Front Office Manager
Comfort Suites Clarksville
931-648-3400

Reviewed November 1, 2019

The area to unload is not covered, so the day we arrived in the rain, we got pretty wet. I had never seen a drive up area at a major hotel chain like this one, I will add a picture of it.

The front desk person was very pleasant, and checked us in quickly. We were on the top floor, which normally is not a bad thing, but there is only 1 elevator, and it was at the opposite end of the floor where our room was, , so it was quite a jaunt to arrive and depart from our room. Also, our first room had a defective toilet, it would not flush, so we were moved to a larger room next door, which normally is not a bad thing...however, this room had an odd shape, and the smoke alarm was hanging from the ceiling, and the shower faucet was away from the tub, so water poured out during your shower...plus, many light bulbs were out...you would think the custodial staff would have caught that.
We stayed two days, and were glad when those days were over, even though we did enjoy some areas of Clarksville.
There are other options, I would definitely check them out...

Room tip: Choose a room away from the rear of the trucking area next door...
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Jeffery C
Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

When my sister” who lives in Long Beach, Ca said she would be traveling to Clarksville, Tn to see her son and grandchildren”. I jumped at the chance to see my little sister. I live 4 hours away from Clarksville in Tupelo, Ms. Husband and I decided we also needed a Road Trip together!! Didn’t book a room until we arrive.

My niece directed us to Exit#4 off the 24 hey to Wilma Rudolph Road” where All the Big names and small brand hotels live in several city blocks!! She actually don’t know which way to look” We were just staying over night” so just needed a safe and clean room for the night!!

The Comfort Suites is where we ended up!! And it could’ve not been more perfect! The lady” at the front desk was friendly and awesome” She was also from California” so we made a connection & upgraded up to a suite for the same price! The stay came with free hot breakfast and the hotel was very well taken care of. The suite was beautifully appointed and the bed was heavenly. The bathroom was late having a master bath” off in its own area” if you are ever in the neck of the woods”” Make your home at The Comfort Suites” it didn’t want to leave my room!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bluetraylor
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

We were traveling from SC to MT for a travel nursing contract. We decided to stop here in TN after a long day of driving. We used the choice hotel app to book the room. The room rate according to the app was $65. I tried using the corporate code given to me by my recruiter, which would have made it much less. Upon checking in, the front desk clerk told me that I could not use the code, as the hotel was under new management. I was tired and weary so I didn’t argue. Upon checking out the total was $91.00! I thought it was supposed to be $78.00 total ($65 plus tax). The clerk even knew it was wrong because she said she would have the manager reach out to me later, which she did a couple of weeks later after I left a review of this situation. She says she wanted to make it right, but then tells me without a screen shot, she can’t help me. Why would I screen shot my hotel room on an app for the night? It’s not a lot of money, but it’s the principle. She was of no help whatsoever. Moral of the story; screen shot your rates...

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 679jennifere
MainStayStsCville, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

My apologies again Jennifer. The rate that you sent me does not show up in my system. If you could check with the recruiter, and have them send me the information maybe this will help me further look into this.

Warm regards,
Heather

Reviewed April 25, 2019

On 3/23, we were traveling from Florida to Iowa and needed a place to get some sleep. We reserved a room at your hotel, Clarksville, TN Mainstay Suites Fort Campbell through Priceline. We checked in at 12:47 AM on 3/24. What happened after that was something my family and I will never forget.

We finally got settled in and fell asleep around 2:00 AM. Shortly before 4:00 am, our door was opened up from the hallway with a key. When I went over to see who was at the door, I realized that the door was open and the only thing that stopped someone from coming in our room was the swing lock towards the top of the door. I immediately called the front desk to see if they could find out who just tried to enter our room, but there was no answer. I am not sure if the night desk clerk was busy somewhere or if it was him that was trying to get in our room. Either way, at this point I was just seconds from calling the police as I had no idea why someone was trying to get to our room and with two little kids, we were freaking out. My wife and I were awake pretty much the rest of the night.

The thing I think is odd is that when I told the front desk about it when we were checking out, they said that I was like the 3rd or 4th person to tell them that this had happened recently at the hotel. One of the front desk lady asked another, "do you think that it would be George doing that"?(I think it was George that she said) I don't know who George is, but if he is opening peoples doors in the middle of the night, that seems like an issue that needs addressed immediately. They also explained to my why the deadbolts weren't working on the doors. It has something to do with the renovations and the wrong door or door jam or something needed replaced. That I can understand as the renovations looked nice and I understand there can be hiccups when doing that.

Needless to say, we did not get the sleep we needed/wanted that night and the next day driving home we had to pull over to take naps to make it home. So for the most part, the $99.97 we paid for that room, was not worth it at all. I understand that there are things that happen that are not totally in control of the hotel, but if someone has a key and is getting in rooms(or even if they don't have a key), that seems as though that is an issue that should be handled by the hotel immediately, not after the 3rd or 4th person has told them that.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Adventure697194
MainStayStsCville, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2019

Greetings,

Our sincere apologies that you had a less than perfect stay. Our construction staff George was looking for a water leak that had been reported from the rooms below. In his haste he did not think to verify if the room had been occupied as he was used to the floor being empty since we had just opened this floor a few days prior. We do hope that if you are in town again you give us another chance.

Best wishes,