All reviews fire pit wilma rudolph road trip fitness center lobby amenities interstate blvd laundry exit
Selected filters
Reviewed September 30, 2020

We pulled off in Clarksville around 11 pm on a road trip so the kids could get a good nights sleep. Despite being in the height of COVID where masks are required nearly everywhere, the check-in person wasn’t wearing one, just behind plexiglass. We got our room keys, went out and got luggage and came right back in, and the gal was hugging and joking around with a boyfriend/husband/whatever.. which is fine, but he was also unmasked and it was awkward. She was super nice, though, as was the check-out lady the next day. My one star review is based on the fact that our rooms smelled like a wet basement and had no working temperature control. It was set to 66° On both the window unit and the wall unit when we went in, and we left it there, but I bet it never got below 72° with 85% humidity. I’m no expert on Tennessee, but the outdoor temp was in the low 60’s and it didn’t feel overly humid outdoors. The room wasn’t overly clean, the towels weren’t overly white, and it was definitely not worth the price, which is probably set by Marriott. We went with the familiar name of Courtyard, but the guest rooms are in need of updates, and deep cleaned - especially in the corners of the bathrooms. This is a highly populated area of hotels, so for $150/ish per night for a simple room.. there are MUCH better options around.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed September 13, 2020 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay! The staff were all wearing masks due to Covid restrictions. My room was very clean and smelled amazing. The breakfast was delicious. I will stay here again in the future.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Allyson Trull Trull, Owner at Courtyard by Marriott Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your great stay! We appreciate you taking the time to notice the extra steps we are taking to ensure our guests health and safety during the COVID pandemic. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 13, 2020 via mobile

Nice hotel. Quiet, convenient to restaurants. Friendly staff. Quiet AC for wall mount. Clean and well-maintained facility. Typical Courtyard. Somewhat pricey for what you get but favorite of business travelers. Safe secure area. Easy off and on for I-24. Turn at Shell Station.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 582ralphc
Reviewed July 16, 2019

Went to Clarksville for a family reunion. The Courtyard was convienently located near the Wilma Rudolph strip. There are so many restaurants and stores to go to. We enjoyed having different food and shopping options plus we weren't too far from the interstate. The hotel itself was decent. Valencia was awesome at check-in. She was very personable. We loved sitting outside at the fire pit. There were other amenities such as Wi-Fi, a pool, fitness center, and laundry. The lobby also had many seating options. The bed was comfortable and after housekeeping serviced room it smelled fresh. However there was mold or heavy dust on ceiling and a tear in the curtain. The tub also had stains. The hotel could use a few renovations and upgrades. I also believe a microwave in each room would be great because the one downstairs was not the cleanest.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank jaleesar2016
Sean C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2019

Most General Managers might be happy with a rating of "3" ... but ... I am not! I was saddened to read your stay was ONLY "decent." We strive constantly, because of our heritage and history, to be better than, more than just "decent." Valencia is a true gem ... someone we were lucky to have had walk in our door, looking for a job!!! I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with cleanliness and condition, in your room. We will use your feedback to immediately address those issues and to craft a road-map, of sorts, for improvement in the future. Listening to the voices of our valued guests is SO important to us, for that VERY reason! The Hotel went through a top to bottom renovation, ending in late 2017 and we just replaced both the mattresses and the televisions, too. And, while we agree a microwave in each room would "be great," that is not something we have given consideration to because we have so FEW comments about it (and even fewer requests for the portable microwaves we do have).
Thank you, again, so very much for your kind words and even your constructive criticism. It will definitely help us make a difference!

In Service,
Sean Craft
Area General Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2019

For the price, I would say this is just okay. Average customer service, light on the amenities, and nothing that made us want to return. The rooms are large and beautiful, so that would be the one plus.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jennifercL2069XY
Sean C, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Clarksville, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2019

No General Manager ever likes to hear a guest say his/her Hotel was "just okay." I am VERY sorry you feel that way!!! We regularly get comments complimenting our staff, though, so, while I respect your opinion, it certainly surprises me more than just a little bit. Likewise, your comment regarding us being "light on amenities" is one I would have to disagree with. We do NOT offer complimentary breakfast but the Hotel has a host of amenities available ... complimentary WiFi, indoor pool/whirlpool spa, Fitness Facility, a 24hr Market, Keurig coffee makers in ALL guest rooms, complimentary coffee in the Lobby and Starbucks coffee for those who prefer that option. In short, we offer ALL the amenities (and some more, actually) than other Hotels with similar pricing might offer. Of course, we are NOT perfect, and will NEVER be all things to ALL people. That being said, we are proud of our rooms, our mattresses, our cleanliness and the welcoming atmosphere we provide. I am sorry to hear you won't be returning to the Hotel but we're sure you will find an option that better suits you. There are several wonderful Hotels in Clarksville. Ours is just one of them ......

All the best,