See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2018

The place was very uncomfortable, there was stains on the shower curtain and the place smelled like a smoke shop. I would not recommend to stay here at this current time but if they did some cleaning and refreshing to the place than I might change my mind. Very run down.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank jennifersK3422AT
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Superb inn, great modest price, extra extra clean room and bathroom, very spaceous rooms, superb breakfast, the potatoes look ruff but thats to keep others from eating them so you can eat them all yourself ...they are beyond delicious, the drop dead gorious young man at the front desk was one of the nicest polite helpful gentleman you'll ever meet.... I would highly recommend this inn..

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Tamara C
Reviewed April 2, 2018

First thing that hits you is a hint of previous smokers, covered up by sweet perfume. The room was clean, bed comfortable, WiFi, TV were nice. My fridge door wouldn't close, so freezer portion was frosted over(rm 209). I had no issues with noise. The bath towels are cheap. But so is the price. Overall, a very good deal.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bill R
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Outside access to rooms, definitely a low budget place to stay. I think it’s in the process of being remodeled because our bathroom and sink still looked pretty new. The bathroom doesn’t have ventilation though, and during my shower I noticed some very very tiny dark dots on the ceiling. If we were staying for more than a night I would express my concern louder, but you do get what you pay for. That being said, if it’s dangerous mold, it should probably get removed sooner rather than later regardless of price...

There were some interesting stains on the shower curtain; I’m not sure if someone went crazy with their toothpaste and managed to make it explode all over the curtain or if they had a rave and had blue colored whatever’s... but it led me to raise an eyebrow. There were also some peculiar stains on the comforter toward the foot of the bed.

The shower was quiet which allowed my dad to fall asleep (checked in around midnight), which was exactly what we needed after a 14 hour drive. We had a non smoking room, but it smelled smoky upon opening the door. I’m not sure if someone smoked in there, or if it was an issue of smoke seeping through the walls.

The clerk at the desk was lovely and gracious. The lobby looked very nice.

I think based on reading other reviews that this place is under new management, so I’m hoping it continues to (seemingly) improve. Might need more due diligence when hiring housekeeping, though.

Overall, it isn’t perfect but it will definitely work. I’ve stayed at way worse places.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Vanessa R
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Surely, one knows that budget hotels aren’t fabulous by any means, but we’ve stayed here years before and thought it was decent. However, it must be under different management now, or something drastic has changed. We originally were going to stay for a week, but quickly decided to check out after only one night. We opted for a non-smoking room, but this certainly does not mean that the smoke from the next room over doesn’t waft right through the walls, somehow. The neighboring room smelled abhorrent, and I don’t even mind the smell of cigarettes. But they were also smoking weed and something that smelled horrid like funky butt cheese. My husband thought maybe it was crack, and I couldn’t stand the smell of it! The housekeeping had to have been aware, as she went in to do touch up cleaning and the smell just ROLLED out of their room! The room itself was decent and was clean. It was about the only positive note during our stay, and I’m not one that typically ever complains. The staff was way less than friendly, except for the night clerk. He was great (Vyron), except that he told us the breakfast would include an array of foods that my kids became very excited about (potatoes, sausage, biscuits, gravy, eggs, waffles, etc.). Our kids went to get breakfast 45 minutes before breakfast was to end, and almost none of this was available. They were pretty deflated. All of the other staff I encountered was just flat out rude, including the housekeeper. At one point, her cart was blocking the stairwell, and I had to squeeze past it to get to my room, while smiling at the girl and saying “excuse me”. She just rudely pushed past me; it was really weird. When we finally decided to check out, the housekeeper arrived at our door to clean the room, in which I politely expressed that we just needed 5 more minutes. She said “no, this my last room”, and just walked in and started cleaning while we were still getting our things together. The entire vibe was pretty gross and uncomfortable and I can’t fathom that we will return anytime soon. For literally the SAME nightly price, you can go across the street to Super 8, where all of the rooms are clean, and the staff is amazing, 100% of the time. We’ve stayed there 100 times in the past 5 years and they’re always incredible!!

Date of stay: February 2018