“Good Food...slooooow service”
Review of Bald Headed Bistro

Bald Headed Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Bald Headed Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 214 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$24 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Inman
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

We had an enjoyable meal here. Food quality was great with a lot of solid appetizer, entree, and dessert options. The atmosphere and menu features a "game" theme with mounted animals on the walls an venison, elk, and bison on the menu. Steak and seafood options are available for the less adventurous, but vegans and vegetarians will struggle here. Craft beer options were fair, but not great. Service was slow...and not in an enjoyable, leisurely way.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Not where you would find an outstanding restaurant! Tucked away in a former mall resides an amazing restaurant. Rustic ambience With a varied menu. But if you’re searching for a pizza, sandwich, or burger this is the place to go.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This past weekend my husband and I along with two other couples from out of town went to the Bistro for dinner. All of us had been there at least twice before and the experience had been wonderful. I don't know if there has been a change in management or what, but this trip was a disappointment. First of all, the menu is much more limited. We ordered an assortment of filets, the wild game platter and the salmon along with numerous sides. The food was still tasty, but the presentation was poor. My filet came out sitting all alone on a large white dinner plate without any type of garnishment to "romance" it a bit. Definitely not pleasing to the eye. There was no bread brought to the table, or even offered. The service was erratic and was not nearly as polished and professional as in past trips. The fact that the restaurant was nearly empty on a Saturday night should have been a clue. Always before when we've visited, the place has been at capacity. Previously, we have been proud to take guests to the Bistro because it was such a wonderful restaurant for not only the fantastic decor but also the service, presentation, menu and food, but no more.

3  Thank lesliehay181
Reviewed June 27, 2018

I took an out of town guest this past Monday hoping for a nice experience. Quite frankly I was embarrassed. The facility is very warm and impressive and the waiter was very polite. The service however was very slow and the steaks were disappointing. My guest and my wife ordered the filet and I ordered the rib eye. I ask the waiter if they would be USDA Prime and he said both cuts would in fact be prime. The size of the filet for my guest was absolutely embarrassing, especially given the price I paid. My rib eye was a nice size with exception of the thickness and I was absolutely astounded with how thin it was (3/8 inch). All 3 had nice flavor and were cooked pretty much as ordered but my rib eye was hard to cut into pieces. None of the 3 of us were given steak knives but in my view a thin cut of USDA Prime rib eye should be easily cut with a fork. I expected expensive meals but what a rip off given the service and the food we were served. I live in the area but I WILL NEVER BE BACK. Save yourself and go to Ruth's Chris in Chattanooga.

1  Thank 857mooney
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Cleveland...TN...? And it looks like an 'up North' Michigan lodge? Friendly, fit-for-foodies, and really good. When it's available, the venison bolognese is worth the 450-mile drive Alice & I took that day to enjoy it!