Super 8 Columbia
US$76
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshandicapped roomholiday weekendcontinental breakfastneeded a place to stayfirst floorduvetcerealfacility
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I'm a bit shocked and confused as to what rooms the last few reviewers stayed in..our stay was quite the opposite! Sometimes, I get the feeling that people expect an "express" hotel to have 5 star accomodations.
After driving all day, we were looking for a clean, safe, comfortable hotel and to get a good nights sleep. We found it here. The front desk attendant was pleasant and efficient. Check in took all of five minutes!
The room was on the second floor (outside entrance) and was spacious and spotless. Bedding included down duvets and soft and firm pillows on each bed. There was a refrigerator which was nice to chill soda and water for the long drive ahead as well as a coffee maker in room. The normal shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided and the towels were thick and plush - not something you would expect to find in an "express" hotel.
I don't know if it was in place or not with previous stays but ours included a hot breakfast. We loved it - scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, variety of danishes/toast/bagels, cereals, yogurt and every kind of milk and juices. If you go away hungry it's your own fault..everything was fresh and delicious! I believe they had the daily copy of USA today in the lobby.
The pool is outside and located near the front entrance. It was clean and crystal clear when we passed it on the way to breakfast. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to utilize the extra amenities as we had to get back on the road.
There was also a note from the manager in our room hoping that our stay would be a good one and to call the front desk if we were unhappy with ANYTHING or needed anything. I find this very professional and it reflects in the hotel and staff.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a clean, comfortable place to stay and I am putting this on our route for future trips!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelingRA
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Holiday Inn Express is normally a safe hotel. They're usually clean and well cared for. This hotel, however, is not. It was the filthiest room I've been in for many many years, and my traveling companions - who had bad rooms as well - suggested we ask to see one other room just in case. It was even filthier.

Had we not been booked by our company with no other option we could have left immediately.

The staff was fine, and it's located conveniently, but there's no reason why the rooms had to be so filthy and rundown. HI Express should be embarrassed that this hotel is in their chain.

• Stayed: June 2004, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 16, 2007

We stayed one night at this motel and it was just your average hotel stay on the way to some place more interesting. The room was clean and well maintained. The staff was nice. Check in and check out were done quickly. A lack of decent vending machines was noted by my daughter. Breakfast was okay for a motel breakfast, but nothing to brag about. The Free high speed internet was nice and the connection was easy. I was surprised that evening to receive a call from the front desk to see if everything was okay with our room. That was a nice touch. We would recommend this motel as a no surprises, average motel--and sometimes, that is exactly what you want.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank vicksburgghost
Reviewed January 28, 2006

We stayed here for one night due to a funeral in Spring Hill. Originally had reservations for rooms at another hotel down the street but after checking out the hotel and room rates decided on the Holiday Inn Express. We needed about 10 rooms, some handicapped and some with rollaway beds. The manager D.V. Patel extended us their bereavement rate of $55 per night. We were not charged an extra person or rollaway bed fee.
The rooms were large, clean and modern. Bathroom vanities were granite with thick fluffy towels. Even the complimentry toiletries appeared to be quality. The continental breakfast (included in rate)was quite varied with warm sweet rolls, fresh fruit, cereals, toast, bagels, juices, etc. The breakfast area was large and very well stocked and kept. Just can't say enough about helpful staff and management. I can easily say this was an amazing rate for a room of this quality along with a wonderful staff taking care of us. Thank you.

2  Thank TravelMs1950
Reviewed June 16, 2005

Was passing through and needed a place to stop for the night. Their sign advertised wireless internet, and the building looked newish and clean, so I pulled in there.

Paid 67 for a room AAA rate. The girl at the front counter was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well airconditioned, and everything in the room was working and neat. Despite being near a major road, things were very quiet. In fact, my only complaint was that the wireless internet was practically unusable from the room. Worked well enough to check email, but even that took some effort.

All in all, not bad. I didn't have research time to check rates or reviews, so I don't know if the price was good or bad for the area. All I know is that I got a good night's sleep, and was on the road again the next day.

• Stayed: June 2005