“The prices are great for a family of four!”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 183 Restaurants in Cookeville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed April 4, 2018

The moment we walked in an employee opened the door for us. This is a big deal to us because the restaurant had a nice amount of patrons. We were seated within 10 minutes for a group of seven. We ordered the Wisconsin white cheese bites! These were amazing!! If you like light breeding and delicious cheese, than these are a must try for any cheese lover! We ordered the rest of our meal and sadly had to wait for 30 minutes to get our food. Two of us ordered the fresh meals which were lower in calories. I ordered the shrimp and chicken. It was a delicious meal. The salad was on the p,ate, which I found different. The salad was fresh and tastey! A friend ordered the salmon. It too was extremely tastey! One ordered was the chicken fried steak. The portions were huge and very tastey! The kids meals were large in size and the kids loved the chicken tenders and the burger! We also had a friend who ordered a side of the freshly made croissants, which he described as heavenly! The food was great but the speed of food was sadly disappointing....

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stopped in for dinner. It was busy but we got seated quickly and they got out order quickly also. Our food came out and it was great. Every time we have been here no matter what we order it is always good.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We were in town for a softball tournament and just wanted to relax at the end of a long day and dine in our hotel room. We live in Chicago where there are so many great high quality places to dine/carry-out/get delivered, so we weren't sure what to expect. I looked on tripadvisor, and saw the high ratings and thought we would try this place since they offered carry-out (no delivery though). I did another search for their website and noticed they are famous for pot pies, so we tried one of those and it was pretty good. We also had the pork chop dinner, with the shrimp/chicken teriyaki dish and both were very good, and cooked to perfection. We also enjoyed the large and fresh salads that came with the food, and I would say it's probably one of the best places in town to eat. Our great dinner totaled less than $35. You cannot get that in Chicago!

I think this is probably a very popular local place for a Sat night, because my husband had to circle around twice to park in a very full lot.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

We ate lunch at Cheddars. Not really impressed, chain restaurant, but decided to give them a chance. Lunch bill was $30 for 2 people. Not worth.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

I recently stopped here with a friend from work and enjoyed a very nice lunch. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the food was good.

Been to Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen? Share your experiences!