“Great Experience!”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Cookeville
Bethpage, Tennessee
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Alpine Lodge over Labor Day Weekend 2011. I chose it primarily based on price and the reviews here on tripadvisor. It turned out to be a great choice! We stayed two nights at a very reasonable price. Our room was spacious and clean, and the bathroom was larger than average. There was also a microwave, refrigerator and recliner in our room. We appreciated the free wifi too. We swam in the pool quite a bit and found it to be clean and well-maintained. This place is not in the heart of Cookeville, where all the restaurants and hotels are located; however, for us this is a good thing! It was so quiet and peaceful and we didn't mind driving a few miles to find a nice restaurant. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and if I ever need to stay in the Cookeville area again, this is the first place I would choose.

Room Tip: We asked for one of the newer suites with a jetted tub. Definitely worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amanda S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We were traveling home from Nashville when our car broke down. The people at the gas station next to the hotel told us it was a good place to stay so we tried it mainly because we couldn't get home until the next day. All I can say is that we were lucky we were told to go there. The people who worked there were so nice and helpful. They helped us get pizza delivery numbers and even tried to help us figure out how we could get the car home the next day. The rooms were clean and large and I loved the fact that we had two recliners in each room!! We got breakfast the next morning included in our stay and the rooms were not expensive at all. I would stay here again. BY the way the views are beautiful. To all the people who work there and to the owners thank you so much for being so nice and for having a nice place to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sheree M
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We had car trouble coming back from Nashville going to Knoxville and we had to pull over on exit 290 and we was told we did not need to drive the car any futher so the guy at the gas station recommended the Alpine Hotel so we went over across the street and it was getting late and the lady Cherie was another one of our angels she gave us phone numbers for places to eat that delivered cause we couldn't drive and told us if we needed to stay a little later than 12:00 which was check they would work with us until we could get someone down here to get us it was a clean and very affordable the ladies the next morning was very wonderful you all will never know how grateful me, my daughter, my mom, my best friend and her mom was for each and everyone of you including the ladies that were cleaning the rooms! May God Bless each of you for your kindness!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank Arussell7567
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I am a regular traveler and have NEVER before left a hotel after checking in, but after a couple hours at the Alpine Lodge, I ran--and ate the $$. Holy Cow. This place is FILTHY. The sheets were clean and the bathroom was relatively clean, but everything else was absolutely untouchable. I mean, the TV remote control was even disgusting. Everything--the floor, walls, furniture (including the chair) was visibly filthy, filthy, filthy. I have never, ever seen anything like it at a hotel. The worst thing, though, was that I felt very unsafe--the door didn't lock properly, and the other guests in the hotel were...well, frankly, I was actually scared for my safety. The woman working the desk was nice enough, but honestly, if I could give this hotel zero stars I would. I absolutely cannot believe ANY of the positive reviews this hotel has gotten--makes me wonder who on earth wrote them. I do not know where on earth the pictures on the site come from--they do not at all look like the room I got (maybe they are from the "suite" side??). I am not picky about hotels and I have never have been compelled to write a review. Some places are better than others, and I roll with the punches. But this place????? NO WAY. RUN RUN RUN RUN.
If you're heading west, drive the extra 30 minutes and stay at the Quality Inn in Lebanon, TN, where the service is great, the rooms are spotless, and the fee is only $10 more.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Get a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank mcp274
alpine21, Owner at Travelodge Cookeville, responded to this review, 4 January 2012
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to write a review. We are an independent, family-owned hotel and spend very little on advertising. We rely heavily on word of mouth and reviews from sites such as this one. As long-time business owners, we know it is impossible to satisfy everyone. However, WE ARE HONEST. If a guest is unsatisfied with their room, we would refund their money. I think that is the most important point I should stress concerning this guest’s review. Besides the facts that the guest’s room was clean and the door did lock properly, WE REFUNDED THE GUEST ALL OF HER MONEY. Concerning the guest’s statement about the pictures of our rooms not being legitimate, the pictures on our website are pictures of our hotel taken at our hotel. They were not modified in any way. Lastly, when the guest checked out, she told us she had a family emergency, and that was the reason she needed to leave. If she would have said she didn’t know how to lock her door, we would have told her the door locks automatically when closed, and she has a deadbolt and latch lock for added security.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I was looking for a place to stay for 3 nights during the Christmas holiday weekend. All of the hotels around all of the restaurants were at least $80 a night. My mother told me about this place because it is only a mile from where she lives. When I called to check prices, I was told that a regular room with two queen beds is $48 a night, but that I could upgrade to a suite with a king bed for just $54 a night. I went for the suite, but was weary about the low cost. The room has cable, wifi, a little fridge, a microwave, a breakfast table/chairs, a jaccuzzi tub, a sleeper sofa, and a recliner. I have to say that I am very satisfied with, not only the huge, clean room, but the staff's hospitality. Everyone was extremely nice. I will definitely stay here again. All of the restaurants and shops are only 2 exits away...which is only a 5 minute drive. It's definitely worth the cost!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Cassie D
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We came in late after a long day of travel. They were courteous & quickly helped us settle in for the night. The next morning, the view on our balcony was spectacular & started our day off well. The waffles are always a pleasant breakfast & we were glad to see they were serving them. The staff spoke with us & made us feel right at home, trying to answer all our questions. Last but not least, the value was great! Next time we are through there, we'll have to plan to stay there, where we know we will be taken good care of!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank KDRobbins
Madison WI
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have family in the area but choose to stay here because of the extreme care and attention to detail the owners give to this place and they always welcome our small dog 'Harley". Don't get up-tight about pets because they're cleaner and more respectful than most adults and their kids! The location is perfect for us and it's usually quiet. Also, the updates to the doors and windows is outstanding. Hats off to great owners and their caring attitudes. We'll see you again so "leave the lights on" ...!

Room Tip: I personally like the mountain view ....
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple