“Best Old Style Motel”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Dandridge
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Best Old Style Motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This will be a short review to support all the other great reviews and recommendations for this place. The owners must be the difference because this is an older style, two story exterior hallway motel that could easily be a dump by now, but it's not.

Clean, well maintained, fresh cookies in the lobby every night, fridge, microwave and in-room mini safe, marble bathroom sink counter - this motel has most of the amenities of the newer hotel chains. Nice King bed and six very comfortable pillows and attractively priced. I can hardly wait for the complementary breakfast.

Compared to motels of its kind, this Quality Inn gets a solid 5, compared to all the competition in this price range, it's a high 4.

Room Tip: I think all the room face away from the highway and mine is very quiet.
2 Thank Stephen A
greenvalley620, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2012
Dear AnyName-100;

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Quality Inn Dandridge. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Quality Inn Dandridge in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stay in hotels approximately 200 or so nights a year. In the past ten days, I have been in Comfort Inn/Suites, a Marriott, and two Residence Inns. No where do I find the consistent cleanliness, staff quality, no management superiority than at this hotel. My travels bring me to this area typically weekly, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else. This is a terrific hotel.

2 Thank Mike J
Dear Mike J;

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard our hotel to be one of the best hotels that you have visited.

Ludlow Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

This older hotel was a pleasant surprise! The owners/managers of this Quality Inn obviously pay attention to detail. My husband and I stay in Choice Hotels almost 100 nights a year and this hotel ranks up there with the newer properties!
The breakfast is outstanding! We've never seen such a selection. Very clean and very organized. Really can't say enough good about it!
The young lady/owner at the desk was very sweet and helpful. You can tell she cares!
The room was nicely redone and was clean. Again, not a new hotel, but they have done a good job working with what they have.
Do not hesitate to stay here! Choice Hotels, these people need an award!

4 Thank lovintravelin74
Thank you for choosing to stay at Quality Inn Dandridge and for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am delighted to read that you were happy with our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments about our service, rooms, and for choosing to spend your time with us.
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

The reviews I had read at TripAdvisor helped me make the decision to stay at this hotel. Everything that reviews said were true. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of my room and the courteous people at the front desk. I needed a late check-out and the manager was able to accommodate that. The only thing was, when I returned to my room after 12 p.m. the next day, my key would not work in the door. I had already reminded the desk twice that I had a late checkout. This was a little inconvenient since I was on the second floor and there is no elevator. At the time I made my reservation, I forgot to mention that I had a partial knee replacement recently and prefer not to climb stairs. Oh, well...that was my own fault.

The room was decorated very tastefully and modestly and the sheets looked very clean. The furniture wasn't dusty and the sink, countertop, toilet, and shower all looked clean. Even the mirrors weren't streaked. The only "nasty" thing I saw was two dead silverfish on the bathroom floor. I was glad they weren't alive! (Maybe the place had been recently treated with pesticide.) The heat worked fine and the bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The in-room amenities included a coffee maker and condiments, paper and plastic cups, basic toiletries, a hair dryer, iron, ironing board, microwave oven, mini-fridge, and a flat-screen TV with a remote that can be wiped down and sanitized.

The breakfast was suitable for anyone who just needs a simple breakfast. The offerings were: scrambled and hard-boiled eggs, cereal and milk, biscuits (white gravy provided), make-on-the-spot waffles, donuts, bagels, sweet rolls, toast, bread, apples and oranges, yogurt, the usual breakfast condiments, juices (orange, apple, and cranberry), coffee (regular and decaf.) and regular and flavored creamers. The dining area is in the lobby and guests can watch the news on TV while eating breakfast.

Our room was on the side of the hotel that faced the Smokey Mountains and I didn't hear the highway traffic that the people on the other side of the hotel would have seen and heard. I didn't hear a peep from any of the other guests and the only annoyance that was guest-related was a man smoking outside, a couple of doors down from our non-smoking room.

We didn't need to eat out, so I can't say anything about the local dining. We found out that there is not a Starbucks anywhere close to the hotel, though--only in Pigeon Forge as you head toward Knoxville.

The price, I thought, was reasonable for what we got: a quiet, clean room and a free breakfast.

My suggestions to travelers: If you prefer not to climb stairs, ask for a room on the ground floor. There are no elevators. If you want a quiet room, ask for one facing the Smokey Mountains, not the highway. If you want to bring your own food along, the in-room fridge can store snacks and drinks.

My suggestion to the management: Make note in the computer if a guest is granted a late check out so that the key will still work past 11 a.m. Also, a suggestion from a fellow Tennessean--offer grits at breakfast!

Obviously well-managed and has good housekeeping standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Smokey Mountains instead of the highway. Ask for a room on the grou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Woodwinded1
Dear Woodwinded1;

As General Manager at the Quality Inn located in Dandridge, Tennessee I wanted to say thank you for staying with us. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from loyal customers like you. We do hope that you will stay with us again as you travel to the Dandridge, Tennessee area.

atlanta,ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Very nice motel...Clean..Comfortable...Staff very friendly..Good breakfast...What more can you ask for....Stayed here on a visit to Carson Newman and was pleasantly surprised as another traveler stated...This place really is a hidden Gem.......We WILL stay here again when visiting the area.....

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank buzzz90
Dear Buzzz90;

Thank you for choosing to stay at Quality Inn Dandridge and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I am delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel, and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

We hope to see you soon.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

Very weary of an exterrior property BUT this place was great! We stayed on a recent trip to Carson Newman. Great room, Great staff. Great Breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank teapots_12
Dear teapots_12;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Quality Inn Dandridge. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

We hope to see you soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The motel was clean and very reasonably priced. We stayed overnight on our way to a cabin in Pigeon Forge. This motel was a nice stop to get some sleep after driving in from Baltimore, MD. The staff was friendly and registered us without delay. They offered a hot breakfast in the morning that was included in the price of your stay. I would stay here again if coming into Pigeon Forge in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank offseasontravelers
greenvalley620, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Dear offseasontraveler;

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandridge
0.5 km away
18.6 km away
Comfort Inn Newport
Comfort Inn Newport
#3 of 9 in Newport

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!