“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Germantown
Germantown, Tennessee
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here 2 nights while our home was undergoing some renovation. We found the staff to be delightful. Our room was everything we could have hoped for. Clean, quiet, spacious, and a great location. A lot of little extras. The breakfast was good and the happy hour was great with both food and beverages. It was a great value.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 August 2011

I really tried to like this place, but there were just too many things that went wrong. The room that they stuck us in was right next to the laundry room. We had dogs, so I knew we had to be put on the first floor, but no one should ever be in a room that is right next to the laundry room, with the bedroom being right next to the pool. It was not a room for peace and quiet, especially when the housekeeping service gets started early in the morning and they are moving everything around right outside your door. The hallway outside our room was always either blocked by the housekeeping equipment or slippery wet from the mopping equipment. The carpet in our suite needs to be steam cleaned. We had brand-new socks, and just from walking around in the room [only], the bottom of our socks turned brown. Whenever we took a shower, the water would take forever to drain, so every time you showered, you were standing calf-deep in water. When we tried to do laundry, the dryers took about 2 hours to dry a small load of clothes (mostly our socks). It was like this on both floors. We ended up spending way more money drying our clothes than we should have. So, don't use the dryers at this place, as they are a rip-off. Our keys were unreliable, and I don't think one of them worked the whole time. I would have to say that the worst part about this place is when I brought my husband some breakfast from their buffet, and he found a BUG, very much alive, on his cinnamon swirl bread. After that, we stuck to just eating the cereal and yogurt, because, like one of the previous posters said, the cooked breakfasts are just terrible. My family just avoided eating here altogether. I suppose I could have constantly reported all the negatives to the manager on duty, but that would have taken time out of my day, and I was here on vacation. I shouldn't have to take time out to point out all the things wrong with the suite and the hotel in general -- previous posters have done that, and seeing as the eggs are still gross, they haven't changed much. I will say the bed was very comfortable, and the room had a nice lay-out. Also, the location was good because it was near the main strip of restaurants, the ball fields, and a short drive to downtown Memphis. I have stayed at Homewood Suites before, and I was disappointed by this one.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
jas_zone01, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at Homewood Suites Germantown. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent trip. We do our best to make sure every guest has a reward experience at our hotel. I will speak to housekeeping and notify them of your comments and concerns. We appreciate you bringing the room issues to our attention. Your comments will help us correct these issues. We regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you expected. We are constantly working to improve our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have to rate this hotel as only average due to the awful breakfast. The hotel itself was clean, the beds comfortable, and the suite beautifully appointed. However, all those positives were overshadowed by the horrendous breakfast. The eggs were runny, the ham was practically un-chewable (I'm wondering if it was some sort of jerky), the breads tasteless. One of our party fell ill after eating the breakfast and spent a very uncomfortable five hour ride home with an upset stomach.

I would recommend staying here for the room. However, I strongly advise you to eat breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
jas_zone01, Owner at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you expected. We are constantly working to improve our breakfast menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Birmingham, Al
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Where to begin???? The breakfast was disgusting. The eggs were runny, all the pastries and bread were stale. They had no Cream cheese and ALL of the milk was sour. The grounds were in horrible condition. Weeds and broken glass everywhere. The manager was never available and the front desk was not helpful. The internet went out every 15 minutes and I could not get any work complete because of this. The front desk blamed the provider and the provider claimed that the hotel did not have strong enough equipment to meet the needs. This is by far, the WORST run Hilton Property I have ever stayed. I will not be coming back.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Dazzzzzzz
HWGermantown, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown, responded to this review, 7 March 2011
We at the Homewood Suites Germantown have responded to this guest by email through Trip Advisor. We are unaware of any issues that he mentioned. We have asked that he contact us to verify that he has reviewed the correct location.

We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and a beautiful property. We are saddened to hear that he was disappointed and would like to speak with him.

Rachel Miller
Director of Sales
Phoenix
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Our stay overall was a good one. The pickup from airport went smooth (the A/C kept going on/off in van but the person driving tried to make the best of it), check in was good. I had a requested a smoking room but when we arrived they did not have any more available, but the front desk person was very nice and it wasn't her fault.
The meals were nice enough. Nothing great but it was nice to have it right there, there isn't alot around the hotel besides a Taco Bell. The hotel will drive you anywhere in a 5 mile radius which we did take advantage of for dinner.
The room was very nice and clean. Good size and layout. The bed was ok, I didn't sleep great but I did sleep.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Homewood's are a perfect place for our family of 4 thanks to the separate bedroom with closing door for the adults. The place was very clean and the staff friendly. Free dinner one of the nights (none on the weekends) was great and the free breakfast every morning was a big draw for us. Germantown is a nice area with all the conveniences nearby that you could want (Starbucks, restaurants, groceries, etc). Graceland and downtown Memphis are each about 20 minutes away. Would definitiely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I travled with my husband who is in a wheelchair and our 19 mo old son. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the price for the type of room you stay in is VERY reasonable. The room was clean and the area very nice. The only bad thing I had to say was that they need to have more or larger waste baskets in the room especially since these are suites with a stove, etc.

Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Germantown
8.3 km away
5.3 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Memphis
0.4 km away
Courtyard Memphis Germantown

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Memphis Germantown? Share your experiences!