“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Bank Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hornbeak
Blue Bank Resort
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I honestly don't know where other people stayed to write such bad reviews for Blue Bank. I was just there last weekend for a four day fishing package and it was everything and more I thought it would be. You won't meet a friendlier staff, starting with Billy Blakely to the owner of the place. Billy was very helpful with tips on where to catch fish. It wasn't his fault they weren't bitting. Anyway, back to the review. Daily maid service was great, clean towels, made beds, floors were cleaned, what more could you ask for? The deck hands very helpful, getting bait, ice, gas and even helped me carry my things back to the room and on check out, offered to help me carry them to the car. The food....WOW!! They have the most awesome cooks and even joked with the lady and asked her if she'd like to come home with me. Everything is home made, the strawberry butter is to die for........ You won't get a better hamburger anywhere. Forget the bad reviews below (probably mad because they didn't catch any fish) and trust me on this, you won't regret staying at Blue Bank Resort.......

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Dixon, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Absolutely beautiful setting, fantastic grounds! This resort seemed to have one of the best locations on the entire south side of the lake. One of the best resort pools you could hope to find. The cabins are quite old and showed their age, could have been kept up much nicer than they were. No storage at all in them and not overwhelming clean. The rest of the resort seemed to be kept in much better repair. The motel style rooms were much more modern and better maintained, some do have kitchen units and would be where I stayed the next time. As far as the staff is concerned, they ran from being very nice and helpful to oblivious to their guests down to being just short of rude. I would stay there again however, the location and layout can't be beat.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mollyb50
Clinton, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

5 of us went down.Had a great time. Pool was great, hot tub was great (a little on the warm side). Went catfishing, and filled the basket 2 days. People friendly and helpful. I still don't see why all the negativity. Would highly recomend. I have been here twice and liked it both times.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Iowa4traveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

Great staff, beautiful location. A bit pricey, but that's ok. The room smelled of smoke, but it was fairly clean overall. Pool great, restaurant great! All these negative reviews just don't understand you aren't at the ritz! Its a hunting and fishing lodge!

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank tenngirl28
Memphis, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

I have no idea where all the bad reviews are coming from because I had a great time at this resort. The rooms are spacious and clean, the pool is fantastic, and I love the restaurant right on the water. Although, my favorite part might be how pretty the grounds are, I don't know if I have ever seen so many flowers.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank taus64
Cowan, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

My dad used to take us to this place when it was Boardman's resort. Boy, has it changed. Thank GOD my family likes to fish and doesn't spend much time indoors.
1. rooms filthy with dirt and other peoples crap under beds. I would expect much more for 325.00/night.
2. No daily maid service, no place to wash dirty clothing.
3, gross(someone elses fingerprints) all over the doors and walls.
4. swimming pool was filthy, not enough chlorine and dirty. guy that worked there said not my job. so i cleaned the leaves and crap out the best that i could.
5. sink and refrigerator leaked.
6. dead bugs and mouse dropping under sink and around cabin.
7. Personnel working there could care less about you or helping you.
8. cheap mattresses for little bitty people. very uncomfortable for over 6 feet men.
9. On the flip side, great view, beautiful lake, get food and bait BEFORE YOU GO DOWN, caught alot of fish..we had gathered with our family for celebration of my father's life. He died a month prior to father's day. I think he would be shocked at the conditions. But glad we went for him. Going to call health department.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank linrathmann
Monticello, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

When this place was owned by Boardmans we many times stayed there and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and how they welcomed our business. The people that run this place act like they could care less about their customers. The were rude and acted like we were intruding on them. The rooms were not clean and poorly furnished and lack what is described in the brochure. My stay there was ruined by poor management and their total lack of ability to serve customers. If you want to enjoy Reelfoot stay somewhere else

Room Tip: drive right on by and stay at another resort