“Don't go here ever!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Bank Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hornbeak
Blue Bank Resort
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Don't go here ever!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

I will start by saying that I read the bad reviews before I even booked my fishing trip. I work in the hospitality industry and thought to my self "you know how people can be, if everything isn't perfect they fly off the handle." So I booked the trip for a week thinking it will be great to get away from work and not have to worry about anything. So on the first night we arrived late after driving from Northern Michigan and we walked in and were greeted by one of the rudest people I have ever met behind the desk. We paid him our 800 dollars for the week and he gave us our room key. We asked him a few questions and he acted irritated and treated us like we were stupid because we didn't know anything about the property that we had never been to before. We got into our room and it was fairly clean except for the bathroom there were hairs all over and the shower and toilet were dirty. The next day we wanted to go fishing and had to wait on the dock for 45 mins. for some one to assign us a boat and get it ready for us. They marina was too shallow and we ran a ground, they didn't warn us about the low water levels and all the stumps everywhere in the lake, and they never mentioned the asian carp ( a 20 plus pounder jumped out of the water and almost took me out). We ate at the restaurant and the food was over priced for the quality of it. The wifi didn't work in our room that they advertised, and we had a hard time getting the password from a different rude employee that acted like we were bothering her when we inquired about the password. The weather was bad while we were there so the fishing sucked, that wasn't their fault. We tried to eat there a few nights later and the place was full, we got ignored by every employee in the building so we left and ate elsewhere. At that point I was so angry at the rude employees and awful management we left 3 days early. When we asked if the could get us some money back they said they would email me a rain check, as if I'd ever go back there, and they never did email me that rain check. I don't ever write these reviews but I hated this place, the employees and management were rude and I felt ripped off when I left. There are plenty of other places to stay on Reelfoot Lake don't choose this one.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank John J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Anderson, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

My step dad booked this trip for he and I. We had the time of our lives. The fishing was slow for the four days that we were there but even still we caught around 100 fish. The staff was outstanding. The food.... mmm... the food was great and there was plenty to choose from. We are planning on making this a yearly trip. Thanks for a great week Blue Bank!!!

Room Tip: I rated the fitness cebnter low because to be honest I didnt know they had a fitness center. We spe...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Monee, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family just returned from a trip to Blue Bank Resort. We only had one good day to fish due to the weather, but even that day was slow. We hired a guide which we were told he would take us out until 4, 5 or 6pm. We paid full price....$100.00 per person and we back in by 2pm, not at our request! We caught 14 fish that day. The cabin was very small and old. The beds were very uncomfortable. The stove and toaster were barely operational. Stove was lopsided and cooked uneven, the toaster took at least 10 minutes to toast 2 slices of bread. The boats were old, very hard to get started and the motors were unreliable. It left us stranded on the lake and had to call for help. The restaurant was a little expensive and not great. I would reccommend Boyette's in Tiptionville, they had excellent fried chicken. The cookout on Monday night was not great either.

NOW....on to the biggest problem. There were two outside cats at the resort that my kids (ages 10 & 12) were very fond of. They would look for them and feed them our leftovers. One day we were sitting on the deck at the resort and the workers that help you in and out of the boat were fishing for cats. I was not aware of what they were doing at first or I would have said something to them right away. I was disguisted when one of them HOOKED the Cat with a lurer and laughed about it while my family was sitting there watching. I went and told the young kid working at the desk what I had witnessed and how I felt about it and all he said was "Yes M'am." We checked out the next morning....a day early without any kind of refund. I will not be returning to this place EVER!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kristy B

Travellers are raving about these Hornbeak hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

this was our 2nd time at Blue Bank (April 1-7, 2012); first time was mid-Sept 2011. Had a great time both visits. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Quit asking for my diet coke because the waitress would bring it before I even asked. Caught a lot of fish with guide David Blakely. Rooms could be updated more but we weren't in them too long because we were fishing. Will be back in March 2013.

Room Tip: hotel rooms are more up to date and newer
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy I
Germantown , TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

I don't know why there are bad reviews on here. Those bad reviews almost made me pick a different place but I am glad I didn't. Blue bank is a great place and I plan on going back! We stayed in a cabin room on the bottom floor. It was clean and had everything we needed. Restaurant was good and the service was great!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank fishingmama4693
Mehlville, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

If you have MEGA bucks and liked to get hosed then go to Blue Bank Resort. We caught 23
crappie and had the fish cleaned by the dock hands (Roberto and his brother) and received
only 16 fish!!! Were charged for cleaning 23. Food is good but expensive! Rooms were full
of mosquitoes and we were promised one guide one day but got another we didn't know about
the next day. He turned out to be the highlight of the trip! Try South Shore or Eagle's Nest!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CrappieMan
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

Blue bank ain,t no conrad hilton.The main reason 4 coming was fishin.4 of us fished for 4 days and caught 25 fish.Man you don,t know how to fish you say.We caught more fish than most people there.The boats they dont have any equipment.I would recomend you hire a guide.There the only ones to catch any fish.The only thing i enjoyed was the live music they had.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hornbeak
28.0 km away
32.5 km away
Days Inn Dyersburg
Days Inn Dyersburg
#2 of 6 in Dyersburg

Been to Blue Bank Resort? Share your experiences!