See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

We booked our room months in advance ad it was part of our honeymoon road trip. We reserved a smoking room but was told a reservation is kind of like a request. When we opened the room it definitely had been smoked in. When we told the front desk staff to ensure we weren't charged for the addition cleaning fee she seemed unconcerned.
We were disappointed and ended up forfeiting the first night stay and got a refund for the remaining nights and moved to another hotel in the area.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2018

Stayed here for a few days while we were closing on our house, room was efficient and the staff went out of their way to take care of us while we were there. Would definitely return if I ever had the need again. Thanks again Woodspring and staff!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer37617
181omarra, other at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Dear Jennifer,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay with us. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

Smoke, Smoke, Smoke
If you are a smoker, you will love this place. If not, you will be miserable and you will leave with clothes that smell of cigarettes. The rooms are spartan at best - no hand towels, no shampoo, no hair dryer and mattresses that did not make the cut at Discount Mattress! Won’t repeat this mistake.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RWM72942
181omarra, Area Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2018

Dear Guest,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. The incidents you described about the smoke odor is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We will be coaching and training our Staff to ensure this is an isolated incident. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

Asthmatics beware!
This hotel looks great online. Great price. It’s advertised as smoke free. Website says free WiFi. I thought it was going to be perfect.

When I arrived I was greeted by a receptionist who smelled like cigarette smoke. I assumed, hoped rather, that the smell was simply from her and would not continue through the building. Unfortunately I soon discovered, after they had charged my card for the week long stay of course, that the entire building reeks of cigarette smoke. Every time the air conditioner came on there was a new surge of stink. Every time the fan in the bathroom was turned on there was a new wave of fumes. (The bathroom light is connected to the fan so when you need light to do you make up you have to breathe in the fumes.) And before you think I should have just switched rooms, I walked the halls of every floor to see if the smell was any better and the whole building smells the same.

In addition to the false advertising about the smoking, the WiFi is pathetic. The so called free WiFi that is available does nothing. In order to get WiFi that is able to stream video you must pay approximately $7 a week, and that’s just for one device. In order to be able to stream video on up to three devices you must pay approximately $14 per week.

Luckily I was able to find a different hotel for my next stay, which will be much longer. It will cost more but it’s better than getting lung cancer.

Only stay here if you are a smoker and/or absolutely cannot afford to stay anywhere else.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention about the smoke. The incidents you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. We will be coaching and training our Staff to ensure this is an isolated incident. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

First time staying at this relatively new chain. Price was very low and the reviews were excellent, considering. And we were not disappointed. The concept apparently is "keep it simple, comfortable and clean" and it aced all of those. There were only 2 pillows on the double, not queen, bed. The comforter was plain, not fancy. No pillow-top mattress cover. The TV was not a giant one but a perfectly reasonably sized one. No toiletries except for one bar of soap which is fine since I bring my own. A basic, not elaborate, set of towels. A nice kitchen area - quite a bonus - with a two grill burner, microwave and apartment sized refrigerator that was ice cold and re-froze our bottles of ice. But no dishes or silverware or coffee maker. The HVAC was effective and quiet. The room was surprisingly quiet - obviously they didn't cheat on the soundproofing between rooms. The furniture was plain but comfortable enough. Wifi was included but we didn't use it so can't evaluate. Much safer to use smart phone mobile hot spot these days, I think. Staff couldn't have been friendlier but that's not surprising given the Tennessee location where everyone is friendly.

All in all, a totally immaculate, nice although without frills, quiet, almost new room for a very attractive price. What's not to like if you are looking for a good place to rest your body overnight? Just bring your own toiletries and get your breakfast and coffee up the road.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank lafayette74
181omarra, Area Manager at WoodSpring Suites Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Lafayette