All reviews nice courtyard front desk fire pit starbucks coffee best bet marriott property lounge area walk in shower each morning tri cities outdoor pool room was large clean rooms in town checking out parking lot fitness center
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

This hotel has many nice amenities including a bar in the lobby and a nice outdoor pool. Very easy to get to location with many shopping and eating locations. Also not very far from the Bristol speedway.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Dear Brian K- thank you for the 5 star review! We look forward to seeing you back in Johnson City soon.

Regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Our family came to the Courtyard by Marriott at a time of tragedy for us. We were treated with great compassion. Employees went out of their way to help us in the many little things that make the difference between feeling cared about and feeling like you’re in an indifferent environment. Every one - the people at the desk, at the coffee bar, and the housekeeping people were kind and friendly and courteous. At the same time, they were respectful of our privacy. The rooms were clean and comfortable - there was some noise from the floor above on the second and first floors, but the third floor room we got was great. Sound proofing could have been better, but the blower fan in the bathroom was great whiteout noise. The courtyard in back was a restful and inviting place. We didn’t try the pool, but it looked really nice. Location made it very easy to get wherever we needed to be. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor is best.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear lanne67- Thank you for the kind review. I am happy the associates were able to comfort your family during this difficult time. We all wish peace and prayers to you and your family. Safe travels until we see you again.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Was at my own place in town and found myself needing a place just for the night. This place received decent reviews and I'm a rewards member. My team was on the tv playing football, so my main concern was being able to watch the game. I booked my room online through Marriott and it was ready when I got there, but it was the evening, so I expected as much. I think I was upgraded, because I received a "Studio King" room for a tremendous deal. I was able to watch the game on the sofa in the room and when I got a little sleepy I moved to the bed because there was another tv! The bed was super comfy, I got a great night's sleep. There is a cool bar area in the lobby with a Starbucks. They do not sell the Teavana products which was a bummer for me, because I don't drink coffee. However, I would have visited the bar if the game wasn't on. It looked very nice. I will most definitely recommend this hotel to out of town friends and guests. It was very clean, the shower (I didn't have a tub/shower combo THANK GOODNESS!) was spotless and they have fantastic little Paul Mitchell bathroom supplies. Great stay. Thanks, Courtyard!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear Hokie- thank you for the great review, I am delighted you were able to watch your team and relax. We all look forward to seeing you back again real soon.

Regards,.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Free parking, free wifi in the room, but no complimentary breakfast or water bottles available in room. Easy check in and check out process. Facility seemed fairly maintained, although elevator was very loud and unpleasant to ride in. Room was large, curtains falling apart, though - full of holes (that was also the case in a friend's room). Mattress needed to be replaced - full of valleys. Small sofa and desk, small fridge, coffee and tea of unknown brand available in room. Bathroom a bit tight, poor quality toiletries. Shower could have better pressure, towels ok. Quiet overall. As I said, it's a Courtyard so no surprises. Probably not many better choices in the city, if any.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dear PatoColumbus, thank you for your detailed reviewed with your recent stay. The associates and I appreciate the kind comments and very excited for the upcoming renovation to the facility. The next time travel brings you back to the beautiful Tri-Cities please stop by and take a look at the Courtyard Johnson City.

Safe Travels,
Regards

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Erik is an asset to Marriott. He went above & beyond his job description. I give this Marriott 4 stars. Amazing service, more than expected. Thanks Marriott!
From start to finish we felt pampered. Services at this site were above par.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
CYJCGM, General Manager at Courtyard Johnson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Thank you for the great comments.....I will pass them along to Erik and the rest of our amazing associates.
Safe travels until we see you again.