“Good New Orleans cuisine locally”

The Fried Alligator
Ranked #53 of 267 Restaurants in Kingsport
Price range: US$4 - US$32
Description: We proudly serve the best fresh seafood and cajun/ creole specialties in the area. We do not serve alcohol, but brown-bagging is permitted (BYOB)
Reviewed November 7, 2017 via mobile

Cajun-creole food here was overall good. Certainly a welcomed alternative to typical restaurants (burgers pizza pasta Taco Bell etc...). Not many places locally with gator and shark bite appetizers. I recommend shrimp poboy but even a half portion is HUGE so be warned. For dessert beignets or fried Oreos are the way to go.

Took my family for an early dinner. We were the only ones there. Some of the food like red beans and rice was a little bland but overall I think not worth docking a star on the rating. They only take cash which was a slight inconvenience though ATM is onsite.

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

Food was fresh, delicious, prepared when ordered. Fried alligator bites quite tasty! Companion had excellent fried catfish. Definitely will return.

Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

You will be surprised by how authentic and delicious the food is. Had blackened shrimp with jambalaya. Wonderful!!. Small restaurant -- only 7 tables. No ambiance. Bring your own wine and beer. Totally worth it!

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

While traveling through the state we wandered a few miles off the highway to visit the fried alligator. I wanted something different and reviews made me curious. My husband is from Louisiana and went to LSU so our Cajun palates are a bit fussy. There was no disappointment here! The atmosphere is not much but the food and owners personality make up for it. We could not choose so we shared a sampler platter for $19 of red beans and rice, gumbo, etouffee and jambalaya ( which we were told was the speciality). All dishes were fantastic! Portions were appropriate and perfect for two. Spices/ seasonings were perfect for both of us. My husband usually likes a lot of heat but he did not add anything to these dishes. I recommend and would definitely return. Cash only, however there is an ATM in the restaurant.

1  Thank S8603MElisam
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

First time visiting and I was with friends and we really enjoyed it. Very small quaint plane. You can brown bag so we took couple bottles of wine and had a great meal!! Would recommend it highly!! Will go again!!