“Charged Double, DON'T Stay Here”
Review of Comfort Inn South

Comfort Inn South
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here in August and a month later found I was charged double on my credit card. When I called they said I checked out after 12 noon. I reminded them I checked-in about 2:30am and asked for a late checkout for 1230. They said there's no record I requested a late checkout. They refused to credit my credit card. The bill they gave me was for one night. The hotel later doubled my charged. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and if not resolved I'll sue them in small claims court. I never had a hotel do this to me.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here. They will sneak charges on your credit card.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom1217
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn South

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here going and comming from Arlington Va
Hotel staff very nice and accomodating
Rooms clean and comfortable
Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stopped off at this hotel on the way to Georgia. Room was clean. Bed was good. The hotel did provide a continental breakfast. Not a good selection but was adequate. Hotel is located behind a Perkins and Perkins will take 10% off the food bill if you are staying at this hotel. Staff was friendly. Hotel does have a pool but we did not use it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I'm in the room now. The room is terribly small and you just won't believe the bathroom. The vanity is the size of a cereal box. NOT KIDDING!! And you won't even believe where they built this hotel. The lot is 300' x 300' at the dead end of a residential street!! There are litterally 20 parking spaces for family sedan type vehicles THAT'S IT! This lost is so small they jammed a bath tub size "swimming pool" into iit, consuming at least 5 badly needed parking spaces. If you pull any kind of a trailer, forget this place. I pull a 30' trailer and I am, right now, parked down the street in the lot of an abandoned restaurant. I literally carried my luggage down the street. Oh, how about a credit card for incidentals?? The VP of this chain apologized to me the last time that a facility tried to do that to me. Told me that they shouldn't do that to Rewards members, which I am. Ovreall, just stay away. Too much money for too little benefit. I'm in this room for free as a rewards member, and I wouldn't come back.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Beds are comfy. Staff was very accomodating. Gas stations nearby. Quiet setting. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2010

As we had never been in the area before this was the first motel we found driving into town at 8:00 at night. My husband and I checked in and stayed a total of 15 minutes. The moment we walked into the room it smelled musty and moldy as if it hadn't been used in months. The bathroom was filthy. I sat on the bed while my husband went to talk with the front desk staff and there was no way I was going to sleep in that room. I will say that the staff was friendly and did try to help us, but my husband checked out another room and it wasn't any better. The lobby and breakfast area looked fine, but don't be fooled by it. Sidenote: You can't tell from the picture, but the swimming pool is about the size of a large hot tub.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2010

What a delight to speak with Debbie, if she is not the owner of the property she will soon become an owner, She really cares for her clients and I wish all front desk employees had her personality and positive attitude.
In the future, I'd drive 50 miles out of my way to stay at this property due to Debbie.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business