“NOT worth the wait.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NOT worth the wait.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I tried the chicken bomb & fries last week. The bun & fries were both soggy & not good. Sandwich overall was ok.
I tried a chef salad this week... They advertise made fresh daily... First thing I see is mold on a tomato. The top of lettuce looks green but they apparently put a little green ontop of white ice burg lettuce which is starting to brown.
Safe to say I will never eat at this place again. I'd rather eat at Subway, McDonald's or panera bread.

1 Thank m211

“Big hype, but it's a local thing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

The Purple Cow is special to Kingsport, TN for a reason on which I am not educated. But, when I hear there's good food around, I'm there.

I tried the Giant Steak Bomb, no bacon. Everything was cooked as ordered, so it did take a while. The steak had tons of fat with it, to the point where you are taking pieces out of your mouth. (It later made me sick, probably because I do not eat straight fat very often). For the amount of bread, the steak did not match.

The time from waiting in line to getting our food took about 30 minutes; we went around 8:30p. This is a drive-thru; keep this in mind when shopping around for lunch.

The price is right, definitely. This is the biggest reason I'm rating it as high as it is. Everything is very inexpensive and reasonable.

So overall, I'd give it a shot if you're low on cash. Some say they love the salads. I wont be going back anytime soon though.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Buford, Georgia
“Can't figure out what the attraction is...???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

My wife and I tried this for ice cream once and realized it wasn't worth the wait. Honestly, we can't imagine the fast food can't be worth waiting in line in your car into Stone Drive for; but you'd be amazed at the many who do. We're guessing the price???

VIRGINA
“best deal going”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

Worth the wait. The cars move through fast for the service setup. Menu is too detailed-too much to make a decision quickly as they want and need. Burger basket is the deal of the day. Good prices.

Dunedin, Florida
“Fried Green Tomatoes are the BEST”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I started going to the Purple Cow more than 5 years ago for the fried green tomatoes. They have expanded their menu which reflects a real touch of Southern style. The only drawback which everyone accepts is that this is a "drive in" restaurant ONLY. During peak times the line of cars backs out onto the main highway. Make no mistake - it is worth the wait.

• Visited August 2011