“One of our favorites!”

Zachary's Steak House
Ranked #116 of 261 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 9, 2017

We live nearby and order frequently to pick up. The steaks, burgers and sides are always delicious. The service is wonderful and food is packed well to get it home hot. We can usually pick it up in 15 minutes after ordering and they get our orders correct each time. Would recommend highly.

Reviewed March 7, 2017 via mobile

Stayed over in Bristol on the way to NC from Pa. After seeing steers grazing basically the whole way down 81, it was determined that the steaks around here had to be good... And that they were! Zachary's was amazing! The rib eye steak was to die for!! It was the first time I've ever tried fried okra, and that was scrumptious too! The prices were very reasonable and the service outstanding(we kept jokingly wondering if it was Zachary himself). It's been awhile since I've found a delightful little place like this one, and I'm so glad I did; there's nothing like a good meal after a long drive! This hidden gem totally hit the spot!

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

This place was not what I was expecting. The inside has been completely redone and the food was fabulous. The burger was gourmet tasting. We were told that they ground their own beef and you can tell by the flavor. We also got the ribeye steak sandwich which was great. I wasn't big on it being on the Texas toast but the flavor was definitely there. Steak fries and onion rings were hand done and it was a very affordable meal! Can't wait to try some of their other items. The place was packed and that says a lot about a restaurant!

Reviewed July 22, 2016 via mobile

Had been told by many friends they had great steaks at very reasonable prices. Was in the area and decided to have a late lunch. We ordered a sirloin steak and I had a Swiss mushroom burger. The steak was amazing and would of been at least 8$ more at any local restaurant. My burger was huge and came overflowing with onion rings. I determine the greatness of a burger by how many napkins you need to eat it. This burger took 6 and was amazing. And it would of cost more at Hardee's. Great meal at very reasonable prices. Not fine dining by any means but the food is the star here. Give it a try.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Four of us went to Zachary's on a Friday evening at 6:30pm. This was a first time eating there for my wife and myself (and the second time for our friends). They have a whitefish special we wanted to try. When the meals were served, most pieces of fish were grossly overcooked. But not just the fish. The fried okra that two of us got was cooked until it was hard. My wife got the fried grouper and she said it was a very thin piece of grouper that was breaded, then cooked until it was hard. And also she said her baked potato was cold. The whitefish, by the way, was "all you can eat" but none of us asked for more.

I have never been out to dinner with friends where so much food was left on the plates. If this was representative of their food, we won't be back. And we were really looking forward to finding a new place in the area to dine out with friends...