“Pet-Friendly & Ant-Friendly”

Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Kingsport
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Pet-Friendly & Ant-Friendly”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

On the surface it looks like a nice hotel. We spent two nights there with our toy dog. The sheets and towels were clean but the bedspread had not been cleaned in awhile. I mentioned the bedspread to one of the desk clerk's and she said it was a pet-friendly hotel. That makes it okay? The first night was tolerable, but the next night we woke up to an army of ants around the dog food and our personal clothing. The front desk clerk on duty was not concerned about the ants when we reported the incident so I figured it was normal, that is, for him. He did absolutely nothing. Not even offer bug spray. We won't be staying again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention. I would first, like to extend my most sincere apologies for your unsatisfactory visit. Jameson Inns do strive for the highest standards of cleanliness and customer service and I sincerely regret that your stay fell short of those standards. Please rest assured that I promptly took action to rid that room of ants, and have communicated your customer service concerns with my staff as well. It is my hope to win back your business in the future and in the meantime wish you safe travel.

Sandi Grills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New Market, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We travel some for business and whenever we are anywhere in the tricities area, this is where we stay.It is worth driving a couple of miles for a consistent room with good service. It is always well maintained, and clean. All the staff are helpful, especially Sandi Grills and Whitney Mikel. I am deaf and they are always polite and patient.
They have amentities for the frequent traveller. We will continue to stay with them.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave such a kind review. We appreciate your loyality to us and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Amazing, as always. I've stayed at this hotel a few times and always keep coming back. Even if we do have problems (which is RARE) the managers always fix them immediately! We'll see you again soon!!

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for another kind review and repeated stays. We are always happy to assist with any problems that may arise, and hope that our efforts are helpful. We look forward to your next stay!

Mitchell, South Dakota
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I was there for business and the room did not measure up to a standard 4 star hotel. I had a non-smoking room, but the rooms around me must have been smoking rooms because the hallway and my room wreaked of smoke. The only ironing board in the room was a small pop-out one behind a mirror which was not sufficient for a business traveler. I asked for a full size ironing board, but they didn't have one on had and I had to almost beg to have the front desk attendant to ask their manager to buy one just to have one on hand for anyone else that may need it. This seems like it should be a staple item for any hotel. The bathroom was very small. The room had a poor layout where the only place to use your computer was next to the TV so you couldn't watch TV and use your computer unless you were on your bed. Also, the "continental breakfast" was substandard at best. The fruit was going bad and the batter for the waffles was so thick you couldn't get it out of the dispenser. Also, this has nothing to do with the rating, but if you are going to be a decent hotel you should align yourselves with one of the major hotel chains to attract travelers that like to accrue points/miles when they stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sctbusiness_traveler
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay; I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay with us. I have addressed these issues with the staff in efforts to correct these items. If ever during your stay you have any questions and/or concerns, please ask to speak to Management so we may have the opportunity to address any concerns you have during your stay. Please give us the opportunity to correct any situation while you are still with us. We pride ourselves in great customer service so I hope you’ll give us another chance.

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2011

In town recently for a funeral the Jameson Inn was very accommodating - including a "bereavement" rate. The outdoor pool made for a nice break from the hot August weather. The room was comfortable, spacious and quiet. The lobby/sitting room/breakfast area proved valuable when I had to meet with someone during my stay. The location right off Interstate 26 and proximity to multiple restaurants was an added bonus.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
JamesonKing, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. And thank you for taking the time to send in a review. I am sorry for your loss and hope we made that time a little easier for you. Thank you again for your comment.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This was our second stay. We stayed here this first time during race week last year. They do not double their rates during the races, like so many area hotels do. This made me an instant Jameson Inn fan. We don't have Jameson Inns where we live, so I didn't know much about them, but found this one to be just what we wanted.

Because of our previous good experience, we booked here when we needed a place to stay for a family reunion in Kingsport. Once again we were completely satisfied with our experience. We arrived early and were able to check into the room. The room was clean with comfortable beds. We were on the first floor, but were not bothered by noise. The breakfast is average, but coffee is available all day.

We will stay here again when we are in Kingsport!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
JamesonKing, General Manager at Quality Inn Kingsport, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Guest,

I am happy to see you have chosen us for a second time while visiting the Kingsport area. Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to fill out such a wonderful review. Thank you again and we look forward to helping you with any future reservations.

Hazard, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 July 2011

The hotel was beautiful from the front. The lobby was nice and appeared clean and the workers at the front desk were very friendly upon arrival. When we started down the hall to our room, you could smell stale cigarette smoke even though it is supposedly a smoke free facility. The carpets in our room were nasty. They were in desperate need of a good cleaning. There were ants in the window sill and on the AC unit. Of course, we did not notice this until late at night when we went to turn it down. Upon turning back the bed, I discovered dirty sheets. I called the front and reported the condition of the room and dirty sheets. They did bring clean sheets for me to change and said there was nothing else they could do at that time but would make a note of it for housekeeping. The baseboards in the bathroom were dirty along withh the walls throughout and there was dust on all the fixtures. I would definately NOT stay at this place again.. We had a premium room. I would sure hate to see the standards. Hopefully they were cleaner and we just got a bad room. They had alot of choices on their breakfast bar, but when some things ran out, they did not refill it. It was a busy morning and we were late getting down to breakfast. The gravy and muffins were gone. The batter for the waffle machine was low and it took forever to get enough out for one waffle.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family