“Love Lunch at Longhorn”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #54 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

Longhorn is one of my very favorite places for lunch. I never leave hungry and the lunch prices are comparable to most of the restaurants in the area. My fav is a bowl of either french onion or the seafood chowder along with a salad topped with grilled chicken, grapes, strawberries and much more (leave off the red onion please). Can’t forget the bread and the small serving of chips with melted cheese that comes with the lunch. Hubby prefers a hot sandwich and soup. Highly recommended for a quality lunch, good portions and a reasonable price.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Vickie S

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

I think sometimes people in the service industry can forget how important their jobs are. I travel a lot and had been away from home almost a week when I stopped in the Longhorn. I am in Kingsport about once a month and we usually go to a nearby steakhouse competitor that is a little pricier. After tonight I think Longhorn will be my go to place every time I am in town.

I had the 8 ounce Flo’s Fillet and it was excellent. Cooked exactly as I had ordered it. Their steaks are flavorful and well seasoned. Much better than anything else I have tried in the area.

Brook, my server, was pleasant and efficient and helped make it an enjoyable dining experience.

This is where everyone in the service industry can make a difference when they do things right. I got to Longhorn after a long day. I was tired, missed my family and just wished I was home. After a great meal with excellent service, I was once more refreshed and ready to go. I hope the team at Longhorn, from the person who greeted me at the door, to my server, to the cooks, to the Manager who checked on my meal, to the folks who clean the restaurant and made it spotless know how much their efforts are appreciated

Reviewed July 23, 2018

We went here for my wife's brothers birthday with her family. They were packed for lunch but got a seat within 15 minutes or so. We had to wait about 10 minutes for our waiter to come by to take our drink order, not a huge deal since they were busy. However, he brought out half the drinks incorrectly and then ignored us when my father in law advised his coke was regular and not diet. We flagged down another waitress who corrected this. Another 15 minutes later he came by to take our food order. The food itself came by pretty quickly and was excellent. Steaks were cooked great and the flavor was good. Food wise would recommend trying it but would avoid lunch time as some of the staff just seemed to not care at all. Will come back probably and if service is better would def. give a 4-5 stars!

Reviewed July 19, 2018

We are on a road trip and decided to have dinner here. We had a filet and a rib eye. Both were cooked as we like. I recommend adding sauteed onions and mushrooms. I would not recommend ordering a cocktail...I ordered a Johnny Walker Black...it was a very light pour.
Overall the staff was attentive and prompt with service

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We had a wonderful waitress. And never had to ask for anything. Great The music was not loud. Atmosphere was great. Nothing negative