“Wonderful People, Wonderful Food”

Betty's Stockyard Cafe
Ranked #26 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Reviewed June 9, 2016

The cafe is quaint and homey. It has a southern down to earth feel. My sister and I had their roast beef with green beans, mashed potatoes, and corn bread. Some of the best southern cooking you can find in the area. Definitely a place I will visit again. Their banana pudding is also to die for. It has a great flavor and everything, and I mean Everything, is home made. Nothing is packaged or premade. Everything is hand made and brought out very quickly for lunch hour.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank fwewers

Reviewed June 6, 2016 via mobile

Does not get any better than this for breakfast, enjoy a cup of coffee sitting in the rockers on the front porch, best biscuits and gravy I gave ever had, friendly staff and everyone is having a great time. Not a big restaurant and cash only is the flav. But you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: June 2016
2  Thank 514MichaelW514
Reviewed March 23, 2016

Great sausage and eggs. Wonderful gravy. Biscuits were hard and dry. Stewed apples were a nice side dish well cooked and very tasty.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank K-nine9
Reviewed March 12, 2016

M and I were leaving our hotel to resume our southern trip in the A.M, when I noticed a little sign to my right. It was for Betty's Stockyard Cafe. M and I decided to take the right. We went up a little hill - to the left was a small stockyard and to the right was Betty's. It was early 7 AM, but there were several cars/trucks out front. We stepped into the room. There was one large counter, with low stools, no tables. We sat down and the one waitress gave us the menu. We chose the biscuit, sausage and gravy. I had an egg added to mine. We also ordered coffee and orange juice. The place was not fancy at all, but is cozy and clean. Our breakfast came out fairly quickly. The sausage was GREAT! I asked the waitress where it came from and not surprised to find out it was made at a local butchers. It was meaty, not fatty or greasy, lightly spiced. The egg also was local and very fresh ... the yolk was a deep yellow orange color. We were not rushed and sat sipping the great coffee watching and listening to the locals. Just so you know, if you are someone who likes to spend more than $20 for two for a full breakfast, then this is not the place for you.

Date of visit: February 2016
4  Thank PSkryjaWest
Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

Just visited Betty's for the first time. What a step back in time. Great food, friendly service and great customers. We'll be back definitely.

Date of visit: February 2016