“Last time guest”

Betty's Stockyard Cafe
Ranked #28 of 258 Restaurants in Kingsport
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

In for the first time mid-month on a Saturday. The stockyard was open so there were probably 10 people already seated at the counter with Betty plus 3 other ladies waiting on people.
We sat down, every server made eye contact w us, but ignored us. Several minutes later our server walked up w her pad in her hand and asked what we wanted....I replied "a menu?"
We ordered, got our food, and it was good. Not the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had, but good. (The bacon was really good)
When we were ready to go our server cashed us out, with the entire visit not meriting 5 words from her. In another state I wouldn't even have been surprised, but in my home state of TN I expect people to be friendly. I mean really, sometimes we are even TOO friendly.
I guess they do enough business that they don't think they need to be kind to first-time guests? I won't be back.

3  Thank Gayle C

Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

Hands down some of the best sausage in the south! This stockyard cafe demands respect! You can find all the breakfast classics made the COUNTRY way! Don't forget the strawberry preserves!

1  Thank qualitycounts77
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

What a great place! Small & cozy, no frills but we liked it so much we went 2 days in a row for breakfast. Betty is awesome, server Ava was great & the local folks sitting around the horseshoe shaped counter are super friendly. Your typical hole in the wall diner but worth the trip!!

3  Thank Lisa V
Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

It doesn't look like much from the outside and yes it is across from the stockyard but walk inside and you will be greeted friendly people and GOOD food. The restaurant is clean and well run with a fun, friendly staff. This is definitely a local stop as everybody knew each other's name and that's a good thing because businesses stay alive on regulars and you don't get regulars if it's no good. I would strongly suggest making this a breakfast or lunch stop if you are in the area.

3  Thank Lee H
Reviewed June 9, 2016

The cafe is quaint and homey. It has a southern down to earth feel. My sister and I had their roast beef with green beans, mashed potatoes, and corn bread. Some of the best southern cooking you can find in the area. Definitely a place I will visit again. Their banana pudding is also to die for. It has a great flavor and everything, and I mean Everything, is home made. Nothing is packaged or premade. Everything is hand made and brought out very quickly for lunch hour.

1  Thank fwewers

Been to Betty's Stockyard Cafe? Share your experiences!