“Betty's has it ALL.”

Betty's Stockyard Cafe
Ranked #26 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Great food for a good price, staff that make you smile and the Café walls show a lot of history of the Area and Tennessee. Has Breakfast and Lunch only. Dose not take Credit Cards.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

I love this place it is the restaurant where I go to enjoy life! The staff is amazing if your looking for home cooking and great country ham, eggs and home fries and specials this is it!!! Good price to, make sure to bring cash and a sense of life, authenticity and humor.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

In for the first time mid-month on a Saturday. The stockyard was open so there were probably 10 people already seated at the counter with Betty plus 3 other ladies waiting on people.
We sat down, every server made eye contact w us, but ignored us. Several minutes later our server walked up w her pad in her hand and asked what we wanted....I replied "a menu?"
We ordered, got our food, and it was good. Not the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had, but good. (The bacon was really good)
When we were ready to go our server cashed us out, with the entire visit not meriting 5 words from her. In another state I wouldn't even have been surprised, but in my home state of TN I expect people to be friendly. I mean really, sometimes we are even TOO friendly.
I guess they do enough business that they don't think they need to be kind to first-time guests? I won't be back.

Date of visit: May 2017
3  Thank Gayle C
Reviewed November 20, 2016 via mobile

Hands down some of the best sausage in the south! This stockyard cafe demands respect! You can find all the breakfast classics made the COUNTRY way! Don't forget the strawberry preserves!

Date of visit: September 2016
1  Thank qualitycounts77
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

What a great place! Small & cozy, no frills but we liked it so much we went 2 days in a row for breakfast. Betty is awesome, server Ava was great & the local folks sitting around the horseshoe shaped counter are super friendly. Your typical hole in the wall diner but worth the trip!!

Date of visit: June 2016