“Got there before the rush.”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 268 Restaurants in Kingsport
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Boy that place is busy. The food is average or slightly better. They had a computer crash, which caused a slight delay in checking out, but it was quickly fixed. Just make early reservations and keep them!

Date of visit: November 2018
Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience with us, we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was in the mood for a medium rare Rib Eye Steak dinner, It was made perfectly and with minimum waste. The potato and salad was very good. I would go back for sure. It was better than some of the other major chain steak house restaurants. The service was very good. I did not realize that this was a chain restaurant, but not nation wide, more of the region.

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2018

This place is awesome. From the time you walk in everyone is really friendly and professional. Short wait times.The wait staff is very professional and friendly and the food is excellent. I always recommend to others.I buy 3 to 4 $100 gift cards a month there to give to my customers.

Date of visit: September 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our waitstaff and menu, as well as your recommendation! We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I agreed we were hungry for steak, and I told him about The Chop House. When we arrived we were promptly seated in the back dining room with the fireplace. How cozy!
He ordered the 14oz ribeye done med well with the jumbo sweet potato and salad with a glass of red wine. After the meal, he waffled back and forth over whether his steak was the best he'd ever had or was second. He never decided, but first or second is high praise indeed from a true steak lover.
I ordered the small filet, jumbo sweet potato, and salad. Perfection! And I hate not to rave about the steak(although I could), but that sweet potato was truly jumbo and out-of-this-world. Way to go, Chop House. You never disappoint me, and my friend's first visit will definitely not be his last.
Oh, yes, as usual, the service was top notch.

Date of visit: November 2018

Thank you for your compliments on our atmosphere, menu, and waitstaff, we're glad you and your friend enjoyed your meals, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

Crowded place but popular with locals.
The food was good but was brought out too fast to enjoy.
We ordered salads & appetizers and before we could take 3 or 4 bites were taken our main course was there.
We were talking and wanted to enjoy our food and visit but felt rushed.

Date of visit: November 2018
Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback on your recent dining experience with us, we're sorry to hear that the timing of your meal left something to be desired, but appreciate your review so we can address these issues and better serve our guests in the future.