“Food was worth the wait!”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #27 of 1,256 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2017

We should have known when the tour bus was parked outside it would be a wait. But we were tired from travelling and hungry and wanted out of the car. As it turned out, we were seated promptly, preston our waiter was very helpful and personable. He brought our drinks, took our order and brought bread and our salads. I had the chopped salad. It was loaded with good things. My husband had the house salad. Looked fresh and crisp. We experienced a rather lengthy delay before our main course arrived, but the staff and even the manager came over and apologized. Evidently the tour group had caused a backup in the kitchen. I've had to wait for food in other restaurants, but never felt the concern expressed by this staff. They were genuinely concerned that our visit wasn't pleasant. But then the food came . And it was SO worth the wait! I had ordered the Ahi tuna based on our waiters recommendation. It was amazing, my husband got the prime rib. It looked perfect, and he said it was the best he had eaten in a while. The manager tried to give us dessert to make up for the delay but we were completely full by that point. She did send me home with a nice doggy bag of ahi, though. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the staff and will b e back when we are back in Knoxville!

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you so much for your compliments on your recent dining experience with us, we're so glad the waitstaff and management made you feel cared for, and we're happy to hear the food was worth the wait. We look forward to serving you again next time you're in town!

Reviewed August 31, 2017

Had a very enjoyable lunch . . . was fairly crowded . . . a good sign IMO. Highly recommend shaved prime rib sandwich.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Thank you for your compliments and recommendations, we're glad you enjoyed your lunch with us, and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Yesterday my husband and I went for dinner at The Chop House. First time trying the place. We have been traveling for the past month and finally found a decent place to get a good steak and great service! So many fast food places but few and far in between where you can get a good steak with a nice glass of wine. I got the Strip Steak. Biggest one I ever had in a restaurant. So good! My husband got the prime rib and he enjoyed his also. We just finished our leftovers for lunch today and it was just as good as yesterday.

Our waiter James was perfect! We had prompt service and he was helpful with any questions we had for him. Couldn't ask for better service or food. Highly recommended. We are in the area for two weeks and we will be back.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you for your compliments on our steak and service, we're glad you and your husband enjoyed your first time dining with us, and we look forward to serving you again when you're back in town!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

This is a very good restaurant on the west side of Knoxville. Quality food and great service. Great steaks, fish, salads.

1  Thank Ken L
Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you for your compliments on our menu and waitstaff, we hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2017

My wife and I got together with friends whom we hadn't seen in quite a while. We enjoyed a fun evening together catching up on each other's families. As usual, the service was outstanding. Unfortunately, the food wasn't up to usual standards. I ordered the special tenderloin with shrimp, and it was overcooked--not enough to warrant sending it back, but not as I had requested. I'm sure that was a fluke, and we'll gladly return again.

Elizabeth H, Guest Relations Manager at The Chop House, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you for your compliments, we're sorry that your meal wasn't properly prepared, but we appreciate your honesty, and we hope to serve you and your wife again soon!