All reviews choice hotels sausage gravy room was clean stay there again staff was friendly free breakfast desk clerk convenient location interstate microwave pet fi
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Nice room, bug mix up with our reservation, the night auditor put us as no show for Sunday, our reservation was for Monday. This person then at 5am ran out card. We arrive to check in and told our reservation was a no show. I show them my confirmation email and number luckily he had a suitable room, charges us. I find out after we get settled that we had been charged for the sunday reservation we never made. Waiting to see what they do to resolve this overcharge.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah L
TN570, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

We apologize for the mix up with your reservation. The Assistant General Manager that checked you in did not charge you again. There was a hold placed on your credit card which is required for all check ins. There are several signs which state this on the Front Desk counter. The hold is usually released between 7-14 business days upon check out.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Wife and I arrived on 3/4/17 for 1 night stay. The front desk employee was very efficient and gave us room 125, that had a king bed. The hotel is showing many signs of aging. The rooms are very small, and have too many desks and cabinets that take up a lot of room. First thing I noticed were stains all over the carpet. Next, when I turned on the sink water, that the sink was clogged. I went to front desk and advised that the water in the sink won't go down. I was advised that their was nobody to unplug it. I jokingly asked if I could have a plunger and try to unclog it myself. I was surprised, but was handed a plunger. I just paid $65 for the room, and now I had to fix it. Well after using the plunger several times and removing piles of black hair and unknown objects from the drain, I gave up because the sink needed more than a plunger. The desk agent apologized, and switched us to room 131. This room was the same as room 125, but the sink worked properly. The only complaint in this room was the bed was all warn out and soft, that sleeping was difficult. I think I will have to rethink staying at a Quality Inn in the future.

Room Tip: Try a different address. Many choices nearby.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

We never expect a guest to have to fix anything in a room. I sincerely apologize. The agent should have moved you to another room immediately if you were dissatisfied. I have spoken with our Maintenance Department & Front Desk Manager regarding your complaints. However, the amount of furniture(desks,chairs,etc.) in the rooms are standard requirements.

Most of our guest love our soft mattresses and rooms.

We hope that you will accept our apology and consider staying with us again.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times while in Knoxville for an event. Overall, not a bad place. The rooms are just typical hotel rooms with the necessities, not too bad for the price. The bed is very springy, not like my memory foam at home but is sufficient for weekend stays. We will see you again the next time we are thru town.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
TN570, General Manager at Quality Inn Merchants Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

We enjoyed having you stay with us once again. Contact us on your return trip & we will be happy to assist you with reservations.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

Very pleased with my stay. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet with an excellent air conditioner/heater unit and excellent shower. The front desk staff was great, too--very friendly, very helpful, and very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the awesome compliments & recommendation! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2017

The staff at the desk are great. However it seems that communication between all the folks that work the front desk is non existent sadly. The rooms are ok. We reserved a double king, 1 king bed, 1 kink fold out couch. When we got there we were advised there was no such room there, not even a double Queen. False advertising? The only double they have is a 2 double bed room. So we took it. Small room but not in bad shape. Bathroom could have been cleaner. People in the room next to us were selling and using drugs. People loudly knocking at their door 2am, 4am etc. after complaining to the desk about it for 3 days and each time being told they would be evicted, they finally moved us to another room. Finally a good night's sleep. I wouldn't recommend this hotel except for an overnight, have to have a place to sleep night. Our Family vacation was not nearly as fun as it could have been.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family