All reviewschoice hotelssausage gravyroom was cleanstay there againstaff was friendlyfree breakfastdesk clerkconvenient locationinterstatemicrowavepetfi
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Of major importance in a motel room is that it be clean, you have the necessities to sleep, relax and shower, and finally, that everything works. This place meets two of the three. Lamps with USB ports and grounded plugs would be great but they don't work. I asked for a replacement but it never showed. The shower is good. Continental breakfast is fair. Packaged muffins, powdered eggs, tasteless sausage gravy, frozen biscuits, etc. For the price, it's not the worst but with a little attention it COULD be a pleasant place..... it ain't there now.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2017

FILTHY ROOMS! I am a single, handicapped female returning to FL after Irma. I had to switch rooms because the 1st room was so disgusting. Handicap access is not well thought out. They never informed me there was a "car rally" booked at property. The cars started to show up and that's when the real nightmare began. Using the parking lot as drag strip, doing donuts, and burning as much rubber as possible. One car was the "bass" car which was so loud it literally shook the entire room. At 3:36 a.m. there were 4 men standing outside my room smoking and raucously laughing and carrying on. I finally called the Knoxville Police @ 4:00 a.m. to escort me out of my room with my belongings. Earlier in the day I spoke to Jason, the manager. His response to my concerns about what was going on in the parking lot was "what would you like me to do". Read some of the other reviews. This place is a filthy dump. Be advised, when you call Choice Hotels it turns out they have no control over these properties, which means the individual properties can do whatever they want. There is no customer service at property or @ Choice Hotels. Only thing you can do is not give them your business. FILTHY DUMP!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Marjorie G
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

This is a very run down hotel. It's not clean. Rooms are extremely small. I will not be back. The staff was ok at check in but allowing pets is a mistake. This hotel is also old and it shows.

The location is convenient to restaurants. New TV. Frige and microwave in the room. Wifi was ok.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank sladsa
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Breakfast was good.Bed sheets were stained. But everything, overall, it was ok. Walking distance to several restaurants were convenient. And there was a grocery store nearby, also. Close driving to shopping center.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I am a seasoned travel agent, and have been in hospitality for over 18 years. My family and I booked this hotel to attend a funeral of a great grandmother. We chose this hotel mainly because of the kids having access to the water park on site. We checked in and was given a room key. When we arrived at the room door, although the hallways smelled a little smoky and damp, there was no way to prepare us for the nightmare behind that door. We walked in and immediately the strong stench of cigarette smoke hit us, but this wasn't just a light smell, it appears someone just smoked in there before we walked in. Furthermore, after the door closed we noticed strong ray of sunlight coming from somewhere other than the window. There is no exaggerating here, there was a 2 in gap at the bottom of the door. Any bugs could have back flipped into that room. To add insult to injury, we heard a constant drip that was not coming from the bathroom, it was coming from the AC unit above the door. The drips were splashing into a pool of water in the saturated carpet that we did not even notice upon walking in. The beds were neatly made, but they had cigarette burns sporadically over them. We immediately called the front desk and began to inform them that we could not stay in this room because of the conditions, especially since one of daughters is asthmatic. The front desk lady said they will have to check with manager and get back to us. Rather than wait in these atrocious room conditions, we took our bags back to the car and drove around to main lobby. I approached the front desk and clerk knew that it was me. I told her in elaborate detail of the conditions in the room, she had the audacity to tell me we booked a smoking room. I showed her my reservation paperwork and asked her to show me where it says I booked a smoking room, of course she could not show me. She said after speaking with manager there was no other rooms we could be moved too. The male manager did not even come over to apologize or explain anything. After speaking more and more about the other conditions in the room, she claimed she made a note to have maintenance check it out, but you could tell she was not being genuine. They were well aware that I was a travel agent, but could care less. They knew very well the conditions of that room and probably many others like it there. Booking this hotel, I am sure it like playing Russian roulette with your vacation. We were given back our monies and we then had to search for last minute accommodations elsewhere. This was an eye-opening experience for me, and have reinforced the service in which I provide as a travel agent. This is one hotel I will never book again!

Stayed: August 2017