Review Highlights
Knoxville Must See Place

We took a trip to the Old City to eat, drink, see the sights and celebrate my daughter's birthday... read more

Reviewed November 3, 2018
71douglasm
Knoxville, Tennessee
Sidewalk Sideshow

It's like a carnival on the street corners. Full of fun entertainment and street performers... read more

Reviewed July 29, 2018
eagoodale
Knoxville, Tennessee

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Knoxville
from US$81.99
from US$59.99
from US$60.00
More Info
All reviews melting pot lonesome dove fun shopping art galleries lots of great restaurants market square each month lunch or dinner free parking nice walk shops and restaurants downtown knoxville gay street jig reel java nightlife
Reviewed July 11, 2017

Old City is my husband and I's favorite part of Knoxville. We love to visit here and explore all the old pubs in the area.

Date of experience: September 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I've read some of the reviews of old city and feel they are embellished and overly critical. In fact the best two restaurants in the city are here (lonesome Dove and melting pot - read my write ups).

I've written reports on trip advisor in more than 300 cities and all of them have something just not right about them. This is a little too dark at night as you walk along but there's so many bars and eateries I'd be surprised if you didn't feel safe!

Take a walk in the glass blowing studio while you're down there too!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Expattraveler100
Reviewed June 30, 2017

They have done a lot to fix up the Old City. It's cleaner and nicer but still a little creepy for my taste. If you like unique bars, nightlife, and small restaurants, you might like this. There is also free parking at one end where you can pick up the free trolly to get around downtown. I would just not want to be walking in this area at night without a big group.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

take time and go to the old city, which is not so old anymore. fun shopping and great places to eat. a must

1  Thank swbooker
Reviewed June 3, 2017 via mobile

We were in Old City craving pizza. Had been wanting to try them. Got there 10 minutes before 5p when they opened. At 5pm girl came to door & told us she was going to be late opening...30 mins until she was going to open that she was just getting there. Unbelievable!!! Typical millennial...not a care in the world & certainly not mindful what bad business practice that is. First & last chance for me. Too many great pizza places in Knoxville to put up with this way to run a business