“Upscale Urban Area”
Review of Old City

Ranked #24 of 207 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Owner description: Rejuvenated section of town with lots of live Jazz, blues and rock music.
Reviewed 10 October 2017

We entered the Old City in downtown Knoxville and saw that parking was a problem. You need to park on the edge in a pay lot and walk around to the shops and restaurants. There were a lot of interesting little places, but we probably won't return any time soon.

1  Thank 71douglasm
"nightlife"
in 7 reviews
"pizzeria"

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome joint... you "pour" your own drinks (beer/wine). I bet 50 plus beers, 10 ciders and I guess about 10 wines.. I just moved here for a bit and live in the "old city" and it's reminds me of home (Charleston, South Carolina). I'd definitely recommend stopping in for a buzz...

1  Thank Almost2famous
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I enjoyed taking several minutes to walk through part of Old City Knoxville on Wednesday, July 26, 2017. But, although the area contains a variety of restaurants and shops, much of the area seems either under construction or vacant.

The free Knoxville trolley green route runs through part of Old City Knoxville, and I enjoyed riding it through part of the area, too. But many of the shops in Old City were closed that afternoon. Some were only open mornings and early afternoons; others were bars and restaurants only open late afternoons and evenings.

Personally, I enjoyed the Market Square area much more the Old City Knoxville. I highly recommend persons visit Market Square. Still, I think visitors to Knoxville will enjoy taking at least a few minutes for a free trolley ride and/or walk though parts of Old City Knoxville.

1  Thank James G
Reviewed 11 July 2017

Old City is my husband and I's favorite part of Knoxville. We love to visit here and explore all the old pubs in the area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I've read some of the reviews of old city and feel they are embellished and overly critical. In fact the best two restaurants in the city are here (lonesome Dove and melting pot - read my write ups).

I've written reports on trip advisor in more than 300 cities and all of them have something just not right about them. This is a little too dark at night as you walk along but there's so many bars and eateries I'd be surprised if you didn't feel safe!

Take a walk in the glass blowing studio while you're down there too!

1  Thank Expattraveler100