“Good BBQ, great greens and sides”

Sweet P's BBQ and Soul House
Ranked #22 of 1,259 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I made a special trip to try the greens as recommend by food network. I had ribs, greens and potatoe salad. The rub on the ribs had a heavy smoked paprika and brown sugar taste. The sauces were all a but too sweet. My wife had the pulled chicken and the same sides as I. The chicken was good.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

My family and I stopped in for lunch on a busy Sunday afternoon. I had pulled pork sandwich with a side of Mac and cheese and steamed veggies and it was scrumptious! The macaroni and cheese was definitely some of the best I've tried. I had a big glass of sweet tea which perfectly complimented the meal and the 90 degree temp that day. Sweet P's is a must try if you're in the Knoxville area.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in for lunch. We have heard good things and finally got to try for ourselves. Ordered at the counter from the menu board. Food was served within a minute or so. Grabbed a couple drinks, soft drinks and a decent beer selection available, and grabbed a seat.
The St. Louis style ribs were delicious. They were properly cooked and very flavorful. Supplied sauces were good, but really not needed. The wife's chicken was juicy and very tasty also. The greens were great, as was the mac & cheese.
One of the best BBQ spots we have found in this area. Definitely worth a visit

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

Whenever I visit family near Knoxville, Sweet P's is a must stop. My favorite brisket and ribs; perfectly smoked. I only order one thing, and that's the sampler (The meats are all too good to choose just one) with greens, mac & cheese, and banana cream pudding. Their slaw is good too.

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

This place is known as Sweet P's but the extended name really captures the essence. Inside the unassuming building you will discover a fusion of BBQ and soul food that reminded my tongue of how my ears felt the first time I heard GnR's blend of rock and blues.

The collard greens with carrots and black eyed peas is Welcome to the Jungle and the Ribs with dry rub and any sauce is Sweet Child of Mine.

Go now and thank me later.