All reviews bedroom suite great business stay room was clean front desk stove top hotel was recently renovated allow pets waffles hotel breakfast close proximity cedar bluff short stay great room properties interstate furniture mattress
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Room was immaculately clean and the hotel is good. My only complaint is not about the hotel, but the area: there is no way to walk anywhere. I was bored with no access to car and walked 15 min to McDonalds, with no sidewalk. All was fine but I did have to cross a busy road with no crosswalk and walk on the grass. There are a ton of extended stay places in the area, you'd think the city would put in a sidewalk or that a Starbucks might open nearby.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2018

"Lack of care" would be the best way to describe this property. Every issue I have had here could have been avoided if someone had actually cared.

Specifically,

It shouldn't take 2 full days to get an extra towel at a Marriott branded hotel. I requested it a day before my arrival with mobile check-in. I also requested it via the Marriott app's chat. Upon not being provided one, I asked in person with the front-desk. At the end of the day there was still no towel. I called the front desk and got assured that one was going to be sent to my room immediately. Still no towel. Of course in the meantime you can't start your shower because you are expecting housekeeping to come any minute. Well, the next day, still without a towel I decided to ask the housekeeping staff who was already on my floor. Very rudely, she turned her back, walking away from me, mumbled " have you asked the front desk?". This is so wrong on multiple counts. First of all, I am staying at a Marriott brand hotel, not at some army barrack. Why do I need to justify a simple request like this one by proving that I went through the proper channels before coming to her? All she had to do was to say "yes I'll be happy to". Done. Secondly, why such a rude attitude? It is not like I am requesting a free 4-course dinner be brought up to my room. Giving up on this route too, I again went to the front desk and asked for one again. This time it was a success. I got my towel and walked up to my room, proud to win the "2018 Battle of Extra Towel" with my perseverance. So yes, at this TownePlace Suites location,I was able to get an extra towel two days after I started asking for it.

During my first night I barely got any sleep because a dog-left alone in a nearby room-barked all night. I notified the front desk. They had no idea there was a dog on this floor or so they pretended. The second day still the same story. I actually felt bad for the poor dog. My family (they are the reason for the extra towel requests :)) even asked me to go to the front desk and offer to walk the dog and play with it until the owner(s) comeback. I finally asked to be moved to another room. That's when they must have finally addressed the issue or maybe the dog family must have checked out, because I got to sleep that night.

Breakfast is weaker/poorer than other comparable hotels. The fact that some (cheese,English muffin, yogurt) bins were always empty and filled only if you asked for it makes me think that being stingy with breakfast items was a managerial policy, not just an oversight on the attendant's part. When I ask the attendant to refill the tea bags box/bin, she told me to go to the front desk tea-coffee station to get some, which is on the other end of a long hallway.Again, why not simply say "sure" and bring a few? We are talking about tea bags here, not caviar.

Upon checking out I got asked the usual question:"how was your stay?". This is generally where you get to notify the management by sharing your positive or negative experiences. I said "well there were several issues" hoping to hear the usual "oh, tell us about them so we'll make sure they don't happen again" . The response was just "oh, ok, I hope the rest of your day goes well". Didn't even asked what those issuer were. Not even pretending to care about them.

There were also room cleaning/house keeping issues. Housekeeping routinely failed to leave dishwasher detergent, replenish the coffee/tea basket in the room. All pointing out to lack of care.

But all in all, within a short walking distance from this hotel you can find much better hotels at the same price range that belong to other high quality chain. I stayed in most of them. I recommend them over this TownePlace Suites location.

Room Tip: try other hotels on the same street. I stayed in most. They are better options.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank ImFrqntTrvlr
Travis M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

ImFrqntTrvlr,

I would first like to thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your time is valuable and I appreciate the amount of it that you invested in sharing your concerns here on Tripadvisor.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize on behalf of our entire team for falling short of meeting your, and our own, expectations during your recent stay. Your comments will be shared with our team and used as a teaching tool as we continually work to improve and to provide the very best guest experience possible.

I hope that for your next trip to Knoxville you will contact me directly. We would very much like the opportunity to provide you with the excellent and problem free stay which is the norm at our property.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2018

I'm going to start right off the bat by saying that once management learned of our problem, they did everything they could to ensure other guests would NOT have the same experience. I think it's important that be known upfront, they were not ok with our experience and refunded our room immediately. So, this is just MY review, read some from each category before making your decision.

This room was booked along with several others for a business meeting. We checked in very late (around midnight) and had it not been so late, we likely would've asked for another room but we were too exhausted. The kitchen was dirty (dirty microwave, dirty fridge, gunk all over the outlets, dirty dishes in dishwasher), the oven hood did not work (neither the light or the fan), the dishwasher appeared to have been kicked in and there were exposed nails, the bed linens had stains, the TV and bed frames both had a ton of dust. The icing on the cake was finding a dirty fork on the floor the next morning when we awoke. I blame 99% of this on a cleaning person that either dropped the ball, or needs to be retrained. The oven hood and dishwasher issues should've been caught by someone. We didn't sleep well and I just wanted to leave b/c the room was so dirty. I told my husband I'd rather stay somewhere we had been before. We checked out, explaining we were supposed to be there for 3 nights but were leaving after 1. The guy at the desk didn't ask any questions or make any attempt to see if he could get us to stay.

We discussed the room with someone else we worked with, who discussed the issues with management. It is my understanding that management was upset by our experience, personally inspected the rooms of others that would be checking in with our party and went above and beyond to make sure everyone else was comfortable and well taken care of . It is because of this - I am not giving it the lowest review. It is also because of managements follow through and commitment to the other guests after our departure that I will not share the photos of the room. I'm glad they did the right thing, just wish our experience had been different.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Sandy H
Travis M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2018

Sandy H,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry to learn that your guest room was not up to standard. I want to assure you that your comments will be reviewed with our housekeeping team.

I hope that for your next trip to Knoxville you will contact me directly and allow me to make your arrangements. We would very much like the opportunity to provide you with the excellent stay that is the norm at our property.

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Just traveling thru and needed place to sleep a few hours. Checking in after midnight - pleasant front desk staff. Got to room and went to make sofa bed. Clearly hadn’t been cleaned (ever?). Disgusting. Too tired to deal with that. Would not recommend

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JefeUno

JefeUno,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for your kind comments regarding our front desk team member. I am very sorry to learn that the sofa bed was not up to standard. I will follow up with our housekeeping team to ensure that this is not an ongoing issue. For your next trip to Knoxville please reach out to me directly. I would very much like the opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay at our property.

Regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I prefer Marriott properties when I travel, and this one is right up there in great room set up and overall accommodations. It's in a plaza with several other Marriott properties, but what I like about Town place is you have the full refrigerator microwave, stove top and dishwasher. The rooms are really set up nice feels homey and comfy.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business