“Great meal super Waiter!”

Aubrey's Strawberry Plains
Ranked #32 of 1,221 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I had the buttermilk chicken. Best i have ever had.
Father in law had the Catfish to die for.

Our waiter Tyler was excellent, attentive and a hoot!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for dinner with another couple while traveling through the area. Between us we had the steak skewers, fried chicken, fish and chips, and a mushroom burger. Everyone pretty much tried each other's and all were hits, but the fried chicken was voted best overall. Service was very good as well. We would definitely stop here again if we are in the area.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We have never been here before and thought we would try it. everyone says how good it is. We came on a Monday at 12:15 only 8 tables had people at them. Not a great sign at lunch. We was seated immediately hostess was nice. Waitress came took our drink orders. She brought our drinks my mom ordered coffee it was ice cold. Our cokes was fine. We ordered our food patty melt with the thick cut potatoes, another patty melt with cinnamon apples, and I had the double battered chicken and thick cut potato chips. Our food came and they brought my wife's patty melt with potatoes instead of apples. My chicken was a very thin pc of chicken with a lot of breading. Hint the double breaded. It was just a ok meal. Place was clean The waitress went on break while we was there and we sat for awhile with empty drinks while a manager I think walked by 2 times never stopped to check on them etc. The waitress did finally come and ask about refills and brought a heavy smell of cigarette smoke with her. Not a good first impression. We was there 45 minutes and only one other couple came in. So not busy for Lunch.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Been going to Aubrey for several,years, and one finally showed up about 7 miles from our home. My husband and I go, and sit in the bar as you don't have a wait. The place is lovely, and open! We order mimosas, and the bar tender gives us the larger portion, which comes in a carafe. This time, we had Austin wait on us. When he finally came over, he asked what we wanted to drink, and we said a carafe of mimosas. When he came back, not having offered us water or told us about any specials, he brought a wine glass which held two servings, and a empty wine glass. What? Was I suppose to pour half into the other one? So, I tried to explain to him what a carafe was...even though he works in a restaurant, he had no idea. We ended up ordering another of the wine glasses. Mimosas aren't served in wine glasses, not that it matters, but he should know. He finally remembered the bread he said he would bring, and it was nice. When he took our order, he was slow, unattentive, and had to be waved down. I guess this must seem pretty picky, but we go a lot, and if he doesn't want to be there, he shouldn't be. His attitude was one of general boredom..also, he used the irritating line that only young people seem to know, calling me a guy! It was cute when I was a teenager, but I'm not, and it's too familiar for a waiter to say, "you guys want anything more?". Whatever happened to addressing people with a respectable title? "Yes, mam", "no, sir"? He also went out of the bar area to check us out. Why? The bar tender doesn't. Anyway, the fish and chips and the buffalo chicken nachos are excellent! They are appetizers but large portions and very tasty! We will go back but make sure we don't sit in his section.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I picked up my wife from an appointment and she decided to treat me to dinner at Aubrey's. We were promptly seated and provided with a basket of bread and honey butter. The bread was warm and the butter sweet. Very Good. I ordered the Ragin' Cajun sandwich, a side of steamed broccoli and an unsweetened iced tea.. The broccoli was over steamed and a little too salty for my taste. But, the sandwich was outstanding. It included a double breast of chicken with Cajun seasoning, lettuce and tomato placed inside an oversized bun. My drink was very good until I knocked it over spilling the tea all over the table and dripping onto my wife's purse. This is when I found out the service was not just excellent; it was superior. Our server and another server came to our table immediately to clean up the mess. I was embarrassed, but they kept saying it was OK and not to worry about it. I wish my wife was that accommodating about the mess in her purse. We will return as soon as my wife gets the courage to go out to dinner with me again.

1  Thank 71douglasm