“Great Food”

Sweet P’s Downtown Dive
Ranked #20 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

We were passing through on our way to Nashville. This was conveniently located close to the 40. The mac n cheese was amazing. My husband and I both loved the brisket burrito and ribs. Great choice. We were not dissappointed.

Reviewed August 21, 2017

When my son chose a "Dive" for our lunch destination, I decided to withhold judgement until we got there. Easy walking distance from the convention center hotels. Walked in and got in line for cafeteria style food service that had our plates filled very quickly. Opted for the kid's plate because they said the portions were generous; should've gone for the full serving because it was delicious! Chose to add corn bread, which was really dry and they didn't have honey to go with it; who eats corn bread without honey!? My son's meal was generous and we both cleaned our plates. Nice beer selection, too. The collard greens were VERY tasty; my first time having them and I'm a new fan. Loved sampling the different sauces, which is why I wished for a bigger serving of meat. Easy, free parking if you didn't walk there. Friendly service and a solid example of good BBQ! Good restaurant for families with kids of all ages, couples looking for a casual date destination, or co-workers going for a fast lunch. We climbed the stairs to enter, so don't know if there's an ADA entrance available for those who need it. Despite the "Dive" name, nice, clean restaurant in a safe neighborhood, so go check it out!

Reviewed August 17, 2017

We had a quick lunch there and just beat the rush. I had the pulled pork sandwich with mac n' cheese and tater salad. It was very good and the sides were the best. The mac n' cheese was very creamy and thick. The Tater Salad almost looked like it was mashed potatoes it was so whipped. It had a lot of egg and celery in it, the way I like it.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I've been visiting this location since it opened and have always recommended it to friends, family, and visitors. The ribs were the best in town and the half rack used to be a decent serving. My past three visits I barely get 5 tiny ribs on the half rack. The meat itself isn't as tasty and more fat than meat these days. The sides are still very good and the sauces best around. But the ribs, not so much. What happened?

Reviewed August 4, 2017 via mobile

This was our 3rd time having BBQ in four days. Each time was different. Sweet P's offers more healthy sides than most BBQ places. I had the chicken, which was very good. A friend shared a rib. It was excellent.