“Satisfying........”

Babalu Tapas & Tacos
Ranked #27 of 1,217 Restaurants in Knoxville
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Description: Babalu Tacos & Tapas is a lively restaurant that uses fresh and local ingredients to create bold flavors. You will find a variety of authentic gourmet tacos and Spanish-style tapas with a Southern twist. Every item on the menu, down to the blue corn tortilla, is made from scratch daily - our famous guacamole is prepared tableside. Our bar carries the finest tequilas, and all drinks are handcrafted daily using fresh squeezed lemons and limes.
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Our experience was very pleasant - a sidewalk table on a gorgeous late summer/early fall day, superb food, great friends. The guacamole is an absolute must-have. Having it made fresh at the table just makes it even more enticing than usual. The filet on a stick is SO good and the three tacos is just right for a filling, but not too much, delicious meal. Reasonable prices, great service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I didn't mean to sound like Meg Ryan - honestly, I didn't even know I was mmmmm-ing and ahhh-ing so loudly that the people at the table nearby asked me what I was eating. It was the street corn's fault- it was soooooo good. I love elotes, but I hate getting it stuck in my teeth, but I love it enough that I actually have dental floss in my bag. So I've had it in Phoenix, and Richmond, and made it myself... but the BEST I ever had was at Babalu. Megan was our server and she was perfect - our drinks didn't sit empty, but she didn't hover or interrupt. By the way, the other stuff we ate was delicious, and it was a beautiful day to be outdoors.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We took a work colleague from out of town here. I got a burger and they got tacos. Everything was really tasty, and the guac was really very very very good. This is a great option for tasty food.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We joined another couple here around 630 on a Friday night. We were seated near the back of the restaurant. Service was prompt and friendly. We ordered wings, guacamole, steak on a stick, crab cakes, and street corn. Everything we had was really good. The price really adds up as of course the plates are small. The other couple tried the redfish tacos. They have a drink menu but no menu for the beers on tap. We will return but the place is very LOUD. It was hard to have a conversation and was also hard to hear the server.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

It was my first visit to Bablu's and I'll definitely be back. I really enjoyed the tableside guac and the tacos were good too. The moonshine margarita was amazing!

1  Thank Roells2009