All reviews continental breakfast desk clerk worked fine flat screen nice stay would stay here again easy access cereal microwave truck
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night, July 7, 2012.....too tired to continue driving home to Indiana. Had stopped at Tennessee Welcome Center earlier and noticed their ad in a travel coupon book. Chose this particular property because it looked new and up-to-date and it was also in a well-traveled, well-lighted area. Found the clerk very friendly and he checked us in immediately to a simple, but clean room. Room had a nice sized refrigerator and microwave (which we really didn't need)......but nice to know in case I travel this way again. Since I have heard horror stories of bed-bugs, I did my bed-bug checking routine and was relieved to find beds, linens, etc. very clean! Slept well and place was quiet! Breakfast provided was minimal, but better than nothing. Presented in a nice way for what they had available. Upon checking out, staff was again very pleasant and wished us safe travels. Would stay here again if traveling.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I went to choice hotels site to make a reservation at MainStay Suites where I usually stay but the did not have a room so I made a reservation at Econo Lodge because I had an early flight out of Knoxville the next morning and the information said it was close to the airport. When I arrived at the hotel I asked the desk clerk how far the airport was and she said about 30 minutes away if traffic was good. I was suprised, and said why did the information say close to the airport? She said "Some people would think it was close to the airport." I told her this was not going to work because I had a 6:00 am flight and the cost of a cab for that far would be extremely expensive. She handed me the Choice hotels book and I called the Mainstay Suites on Fountain View Circle where I usually stay.and they remembered me and said of course we have a room for you. So I explained again to the desk clerk that staying at Econo Lodge that it wasn't going to work for me. She refused to answer or even acknowledge I was there. I apologized for the situation and she stil refused to talk. So once more I tried to talk to her and was ignored. I left the office. My sister went back in and told her we would report her and she said here I cancelled the reservation. My sister said that she had been rude and would be reported. She answered with "Have a Nice Day." We left and went to Mainstay Suites and they were wonderful. I think this desk clerk needs some training in customer service.

Room tip: I cannot rate anything else since I did not get past the office.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank thepossummama
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Our room was non smoking but smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The carpet looked so dirty that I was not comfortable walking in bare feet. The chair in the room was filthy.

Date of stay: March 2011
Reviewed October 3, 2010

When we booked this hotel, Hotels,com web site said ' no pets' this was not correct. The travel coupon book said ' voted best hotel on this exit' not true. This place is a complete dump. We had traveled from 8am until 10 pm, was completly exhausted, so was just not in any shape to try to find another hotel. The 2 upholstered chairs were filthy and very old. The beds were so stained on the sides I was afraid to look at the tops. I did check the sides for signs of bed bugs, there were none. I went to bed with my clothes on, took off the spread and extremely worn blanket, and prayed no bugs crawled on me that night. I hardly slept, woke my husband up at 5am and we hit the road. We did not eat breakfast, would not even touch the coffee I was dying for. Yes it was cheap but that is no reason for the place being in that shape. Never ever will I stay in another Econo hotel.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2008

We stayed for one night at this Econo Lodge on our way to Florida. The rooms were newer and clean. The management was very accomodating in our request for additional towels. The continential breakfast was a bonus. Plentiful enough to get us back on the road. Staff was very friendly. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank kjoyo