“Arcade location: YUMMY!”

Ajora Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 50 Restaurants in La Vergne
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed June 12, 2016

I love eating here or picking up take out after the Art Crawl on first Saturdays (the only night they are open)! The people are so nice. I get the vegetarian platter and it never disappoints! Tasty ingera! And now they deliver! Yes!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2015

The food is superb! If you enjoy the spicy heat level of an Indian buffet, you're going to love this! It's not terribly hot, Indian buffet of heat at most, and it also has a lovely variety of flavors.

I've only ever had the vegetarian platter because I love it so much! I get it with the Ethiopian bread, and it comes with 4 veggie side items. I usually get two kinds of peas/beans (lentils and a yellow split pea typically), cooked cabbage and turnip greens or potatoes for the 4th option.

All are well-seasoned and have a delicious flavor.

The typical staff appears to be a husband and wife team who are very friendly and have the most wonderful smiles.

I'm only deducting one star for two small reasons - one, the appearance of the place. While very nicely clean, it's definitely in the category of a low-budget Mom and Pop place, nothing wrong with that if that's what you're interested in, but I would love to see a little more decoration is all.
Two, variety, it would be nice if sometimes a few additional items could be offered on the menu.
Plus, I don't typically offer 5 stars unless a place exceeds expectation in all ways. This place definitely wins on food and flavor and friendliness, the most important part!

Reviewed February 23, 2015 via mobile

So this review is for the Arcade location. What a pleasant find. Similar, but different, to middle east and Indian food, my first taste of Ethiopian food and more than pleased. Great price too. Definitely be a go to lunch spot

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My new favorite restaurant! I have been hoping for years to get Ethiopian food in our small town, so when this restaurant opened I was hopeful. My husband and I went there tonight, and it was well worth the wait. No more driving to Nashville for Ethiopian! The restaurant is in an old house. Once inside, the place was very clean and well lit. The proprietor was friendly and helpful. He made us feel very welcome. The food was amazing and plentiful, we both left full and took some home. We ordered the combo for two, two bottled waters, with Ethiopian coffee after dinner. When the check came, I was pleasantly surprised. The whole thing was right at $27.00. I am telling everyone I know.

3  Thank sidhebear