All reviews wonderful wedding friends wedding dublin city paddy guests ireland
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

We treated my Granny and Grandad to afternoon tea in Luttrellstown Castle. It was somewhere my Granny always wanted to go and they had only recently started afternoon tea. It was so special, really everything we hoped for a more. The grounds were amazing driving up. Then we were greeted at the door and we gave our names and they told us we could explore the castle and they will come and get us when the table was ready. They rooms were amazing. It felt very special to be able to go and look around. Some on the features were stunning. Some old fashioned dressing rooms and some very interesting looking bath tubs! Our afternoon tea itself was delicious. The sandwiches were not your usual egg and cress, they had gone to at lot of trouble to put their stamp on it and you could tell. The scones were lovely but the banana bread was something special. The desserts did not let us down either they were beautiful, but the pièce de résistance by far was the crockery. It was stunning that's all I can say. They staff were brilliant, made us feel very welcome and had brilliant knowledge about the castle. It was truly a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I got to bring my Granny there to see it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jennifer g
Jessica J, Manager at Luttrellstown Castle Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2018

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your afternoon tea experience at Luttrellstown Castle Resort. We are delighted to hear it was a special occasion for you and your grandparents.

We looking forward to welcoming you both back to the castle in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jessica

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Afternoon Tea somewhere different with a friend. I live close to the Castle and was delighted that it had opened its doors to the public for afternoon tea. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. Fantastic tea list for those who enjoy tea. The food ie pastries and sandwiches were very small yet tasty . A look around after of course to see where Posh & Becks stayed. Overall I felt the price was greater than what was on offer. The dining room although luxurious lacked warmth ( the open fires should have been lit in the hall & room) and although the staff were friendly, there appeared to be an underlying lack of leadership and training! It could have been so much better !

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed December 17, 2017 via mobile

My DH & I wanted to do something a bit different away from the maddening crowd & all that but something Christmasy all the same.
Afternoon Tea at Luttrellstown Castle ticked all the boxes. The Castle setting itself is mesmerising it is hard to believe it is so close to Dublin. The Castle itself is gorgeous in a subtle kinda way, the room for Afternoon Tea is steeped in history with great views of the beautiful grounds. While we were eating a fantastic pianist played from an extensive repertoire of songs both festive & not so festive tunes it really added to the ambience. The waiting staff (under the guidance of Ivan who was a great host from start to finish) while mostly young were very attentive and friendly. The afternoon tea itself was fresh, tasty and well presented the extensive selection of tea was wasted on my DH & I, the glass (or two) of bubbly in the other hand was well appreciated! . After relishing the gorgeous afternoon tea we were invited to explore the castle at our leisure, the rooms & library and the secret doors really added to the experience. It was definitely an experience from start to finish & we both look forward to visiting for Luttrellstown castle for afternoon tea again. Highly recommend it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mumkin1
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Was plus one at a wedding at which I knew very few.

But did I love the venue...have been here twice before when it was sold in 1980s. I was actually named after Lady Plunkett.

Here for afternoon tea today with my mammy...will be back again. Loved finding the secret doors!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Visited the Castle for afternoon tea with my husband and baby. The venue is stunning and without question the most beautiful and well kept 5 star venue in Ireland. The atmosphere was lovely and relaxing with a pianist playing in the background. The attentive staff very generously refilled my champagne glass and other guests glasses around me. The food was delicious and it was evident great thought had been put into the menu. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family