“Almost...”
Review of 5 Rock

5 Rock
Reserve with OpenTable
5 Rock is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 34 Restaurants in Skerries
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

We arrived to a busy and lively restaurant. Great decor and atmosphere. Friendly and professional greeting and shown to our table immediately. Starter portions were large and very good, particularly the wings and the chip and dips. Also the main course of ribs was more than enough, as were side dishes of mac and cheese and vegetables. Each of the desserts on offer were all ordered and again all were delicious. I was about to give 5rock a 5 star review until the two people who had the steak said both their steaks were not good at all, that they were stringy and basically not good quality meat. What a shame. Maybe it was a once off but something that they should look into as it was a let down. We will be back though to give it another chance. The food and drink were fairly reasonably priced and all the waiting staff were great.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 24, 2018

We were shown to a table at the rear of 5 Rock. Whoever designed the lighting must have had wonderful night vision. For me, despite the expensive touches, the place looks dim and uninviting. We were seated beside a louvered screen which obscured the view of the toilet doors (which banged against the screen on opening). The noise of the hand dryers was a constant soundtrack to our meal.
The food was expensive grill output and, even I could cook this. The one better than average food item was the chips - very nice.
The music was interesting (when the hand dryers were silenced) and the bottled wine list was short but high on quality.
Would I go back? Probably not.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 3, 2018

I have been here twice and sorry but its just not up to scratch for the harbour in Skerries. I took my family my wife and two boys 9 and 4 . My wife had Tapas and said it was fine. I had a chicken dish and it was acceptable . My two boys had the boneless chicken wings. My 9 year old son piped up and said "Mum Dad this food is shocking only chicken nuggets " he was right and we just ordered extra chips to fill them and shared ours as well. The standard was pretty much the same the first time I went . (just my wife and I ) . I had the pork dish on the menu and it was a sloppy blob . yuk. yes the décor and location are nice but that's about it . If you plan to eat out in Skerries there a lot more places you can eat trust me. Don't go here .

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank roost7
Reviewed February 14, 2018

Our group of 8 had a very good experience at this restaurant: ribs were fantastic, location is superb (and in summer would be a real plus); atmosphere is chilled. However, having read the other reviews I can see how the fine line can be crossed on the experience. It was busy and the staff are rushed off their feet; the portion sizes DO vary quite dramatically and this is not necessarily obvious from the price (the dishes with the more expensive ingredients are the smaller ones). That said, we had good service and warm food!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

€20 for 6 tiny tacos,a tiny diet coke,an orange,coffee and dessert..all in €40 for the teddy bears picnic. Well presented but we left feeling extorted and exceptionally hungry. The portions seemed to go between tiny and HUGE ribs etc...ridiculous. Not an exceptional place and I saw people complain about the cocktails being poured from pre frozen plastic bags..hmm

Date of visit: February 2018