“A lovely find on a sunny evening ”

Rockabill Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rockabill Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 33 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: Diner, Irish, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rockabill Restaurant & Wine Bar is a casual seafood restaurant offering simply-prepared fresh fish, premium steaks and an impressive wine menu from around the world. Located in the heart of Skerries and using only the freshest locally sourced produce every day, our chic-casual atmosphere suits any occasion, with seamless service and imaginative seafood dishes that truly set us apart from other seafood restaurants
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

We left the city lights of Dublin behind last evening for a stroll in the
sunshine and a bite to eat. We called into Rockabill to find a quiet modern restaurant with a nice mix of single diners & family groups with babies. We had a mix of food from the early bird and main menu. Gluten Free wasn’t obvious & the young waitress appeared unsure however the senior server was far more reassuring and knowledgeable. I had a delicious hot cajun chicken salad. This sounds dull but included sundried tomatoes and a yummy homemade dressing. Highly recommended as is the GF carrot cake for pudding! Thanks for a relaxing evening and excellent music playlist!

2  Thank Sproxo

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here a few times simply because of the wings and the atmosphere. Service is always good too. Highly recommend this gem

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

I visited this restaurant one evening last week from the time i went in the door I could say nothing only good things about this place. I found the staff very pleasant and friendly which is lovely when you are visiting from the country. First of all I had some pate which was scrumptious & for the first time i have had pate out I got plenty of bread! I had fish for my mains and it was cooked just the way I like it.
My husband had steak and he said it was done just the way he liked it and he is fussy when it comes to steak he would even go as far as to say it was the best steak he has had in quite a long time. We will definitely be visiting this restaurant again in the very near future in fact I can't wait to go back to experience the beautiful food and the lovely atmosphere and of course the delightful staff.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

As the titles suggests....i used to absolutely love this restaurant for a quick lunch bite. However, on my last visit I was so disappointed. The menu has been changed around and one of my favourite dishes is gone off of it. Instead I ordered crab claws as a main with a bowl of tomato soup (unusual I know). The crab claw dish was absolutely tiny and I was charged €18.95 for it along with the bowl of soup and slice of bread. I was in complete disbelief. I could have had a steak dinner for that. The customer service has really gone down hill too. It was difficult to get a hold of staff and then when we were finished we were being rushed out the door. Such a pity as I used to adore rockabill

John K, General Manager at Rockabill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Dear Laura,
We are disappointed you did not enjoy your last visit with us and we are sorry you did not bring this to our attention when you were here.
On reviewing your comments we can only assume that in error you received a starter portion and were charged for a main course portion.
We would ask that you contact us to discuss this further as we value our customers highly,

Regards
Owner.

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Service was shocking poor, there was no attention to any of the customers once being seated. Staff keep getting uncomfortable when asked for another thing to be added, which I can understand it may be awkward but it shouldn't been seen to a hassle to do since we are paying customers. Had do ask to order and to see menus and to even get tap water??The food was remotely decent but the lack of attention from the staff made it impossible to enjoy the experience. The staff also seemed confused and if they didn't know what they were doing. Overall dreadful experience and will not return.