All reviews bit dated self service shopping centre great value for money public transport tram line function room across the road luas stop dublin city
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

Cheap, but, that's it's only saving grace. Dated, only 1 lift, wheelchair room was on 3rd floor. Nobody explained escape procedure in the event of an emergency (breach of health and safety Regs), during my 5 days stay. Room was stifling, even with radiators turned down. Windows too high for a wheelchair user and needed cleaning urgently. The shower had no seat although, one was offered the morning after arrival. Why no permanent seat in a wheelchair accessible room? Mold on silicon sealants, in shower facility, was unsightly.

Staff .... were fantastic, in what were challenging surrounds (the hotel does not deserve it's 4 stars). Cooked breakfasts were hearty, but served lukewarm. I was asked if assistance was required at each sitting, being a wheelchair user. A definite plus there, I'm mist grateful.

There's no easy main entrance to the hotel, for wheelchair users. This is an oversight and could be remedied for €200. Doors are abundant, but, they're all locked from the inside!
The Plaza needs urgent general refurbishment, including triple or secondary glazing!

Sadly, I won't be staying again, or, recommending to friends or colleagues.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Johnny w
Reviewed September 14, 2017

I recently had to spend one night in this hotel as part of a coach tour. The reception area didn't look to bad! Then I went up to my room the first thing I noticed was wallpaper seemingly ripped from the walls in places. On entering my room it stunk of I guess cigarette smoke and the hotel is supposed to be Non Smoking! So I had to open the windows to let the smell out. The carpet looked filthy dirty and had iron marks in a couple of places. The only good thing about the room was the bathroom which was excellent. The restaurant had numerous ripped chairs and again wallpaper torn from the walls in places. As I was part of a group we had a set menu on asking for the Turkey without stuffing I was told sorry that's how it comes! Desert was Apple crumble without out anything else being offered. At breakfast I asked for scrambled eggs and was told sorry we only do fried. Now this is supposed to be a 4 star hotel I don't think so!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank chrisnumberone
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Hopefully you can see from my other reviews I travel fair bit for work, and with my family and have left many a good review, and very few bad.
I try not to leave bad reviews as I often think it'll reflect on the staff, but in this case the staff were fairly elusive so I don't feel quite so guilty.
The hotel is in a fairly run down building that's got a selection of other businesses on the ground floor, none of which helped with the overall look of the place.
Checking in went ok, it just looked a mess.
The hotel smelled of smoke in the corridors, and decor is generally pretty run down.
The room was a very typical 'hotel' room, and was ok except for the lack of air. I couldn't open the window as it would then swing all the way open onto a raised patio area that backed onto the hotel.
People seemed to be up and abut at all hours being very noisy in the corridors, I think people stay for the airport (which isn't close) so are up early for flights, but they didn't need to make so much noise.
The worst bit is then the maids who are up and cleaning rooms at 7:30 every day, banging linen trolleys around and talking loudly.
When your working away you just want peace and quiet, if you do, stay elsewhere.
The breakfast was also poor for the £8.50 paid in advance (£12.50 if you paid on the day) little choice and tea pre-made in an urn!
The one time I wanted a pint of Guinness the bar was a nightmare, a large party had to use it too, even though they were in a separate function room, and every time someone ordered wine the bar lady had to go downstairs to get it and left the bar empty for 5 minutes at a time.
I need to go back to that area for work but certainly wont be staying here again.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave P
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for a family members 70th birthday party the whole hotel looks dated and disheveled in real need of up dating the carpets in the bedroom are dirty in need of replacing and the function room which we attended the party was in need of a lick of paint and there was a patch at least two on the floor covered in sliver duct tape on the floor . We had numerous problems with the key cards for our room door and when we tried to get this sorted by reception we were rudely told that this was our fault as we must have kept the key against our phone and that's the only way this problem happens and when givens new cards these did not work also we also never kept the door cards near our phones at any time . The Breakfast was a disaster as when we went to get breakfast we were once again told the breakfast wasn't included in our stay which it was agreed it was when booking the family event many of our guest left without breakfast because of this error .it took numerous contact with reception to sort this mess out and left what was a good family get together very upsetting for my mother who organized the event for my father's 70th . We will not be staying here ever again

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank anthony l
Reviewed September 7, 2017

Stayed here the last night of a Shearing trip. This is a four star hotel in need of a lot of tlc. As a four star it is pretty poor. Did not feel quite safe either. The food was slightly better than in the other hotels we stayed at but would not stay again. The staff were indifferent and looked depressed too. Close to the Tallaght tram stop that takes directly into town, fairly fast but quite a long way, this is miles out of town

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends