All reviews bit dated self service shopping centre great value for money public transport tram line function room across the road luas stop dublin city
Reviewed November 20, 2017

The staff were all very nice and helpful. But our room was too warm so we had to turn off the radiator. The carpet was a bit dirty in the bedroom. The towels were too small. There was a smell of urine in the bathroom plus it was very warm in there. The heat was unbearable in the corridor outside our bedroom. The chairs in the seating area of the cafe bar were all ribbed and torn. The area were we were seated to eat our breakfast was dark dreary and bits of the decorated plaster were missing from the walls.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I have looked at the previous reviews of this hotel and thought OMG I have been booked in here. To be fair this is not a top notch hotel however if you were on a budget then it would be OK. The rooms are spacious but in need of a spruce up as the wallpaper is scuffed in places and the carpet is stained but the bathrooms are clean and plenty of towels. There is tea and coffee available in the rooms, the breakfast in the mornings is as per normal buffet and there is plenty . I have found my interaction with the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There is live music in the downstairs bar on a Thursday night which means lots of noise until midnight but to be fair I have been lucky in the last two weeks in relation to noise in the corridors. The walls are paper tin so any noise in the next room can be a problem but overall so far my stay has been fine but I do have the rest of the week here and next hopefully my good opinion will not change, I have stayed in worse places !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2017

This was the last hotel of our trip through Ireland and it was by far the worst. Reception staff was very friendly and check in was quick. When we got into the room it was very noise as the window wouldn't close properly or wasn't very good and it was cold. It turned out the radiator wasn't working. After mentioning it to reception they bookd us quickly into a new room. The next room was still very noise, same issue with the windows but the radiator was working. The hotel is next to a very busy street. I am used to noise but the windows are not helping really with minimising the noise level. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I was on a tour with Go Ahead Travel and this was the last hotel of our tour. Of all the hotels we were this was the worst. Rooms unkept, bugs in rooms, carpets with stains and frayed, smells bad. The mattress had a hole in it. The staff where curt, not friendly. The area not safe. I would never suggest this hotel to be part of a tour or even an overnight stay

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank yvonne m
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We had an overnight stay in the hotel because it was very convenient for a conference in the local Institute of Technology.
The reception was fine. The heat on the corridor was very intense. The room was comfortable and well finished (apart from the section of wooden laminate flooring inside the door which was lethal in barefeet or sock-feet). The bed was firm but comfortable. We slept with the heat off and the window open.
The bathroom was nice and well equipped but the bath towels were small.
The breakfast was not bad. Better than I had expected having read some of the reviews. We were among the first batch of guests down for breakfast and most of the hot food was hot (and tasty) - the tomatoes were cold and I couldn't decide whether they had been cooked or not - I thought not.
Staff were all friendly and while it wasn't up there with the best it certainly wasn't bad and it represented great value for money by Dublin standards. It was quite close to the Luas and convenient to the Square and to the IT. If I needed accommodation in Tallaght I would have no hesitation in going back - with realistic expectations!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor on a Friday night and it was quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple