“This is the place to stay.”
Review of Atlantic Wave

and 1 more site!
Atlantic Wave
Ranked #1 of 5 Carna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I was on a working holiday in Ireland. We did not book anything in advance as this time we preferred to drive and see where we would like to stay. Mweenish Island looked gorgeous so we decided to discover it and found Atlantic Wave advertised on a sign on the side of the road so we followed its signs. As we drove through the hotel gates, it was very pretty with different plants, palm trees and seemed well looked after. Caitlin the owner was very welcoming, warm and friendly made us feel at home from the very start. On arrival we were offered coffee / tea and biscuits. The place had Wify internet that really made it easy for me to check on my work regularly every day. We were very lucky as we got a sea view room with nice views to the sea and sunset. I must say the room and the house were very clean and very well looked after. The bed was comfortable the room and bathroom had a good size and it had everything in there one should need, even a hairdryer. The breakfast was outstanding, it had everything an Irish breakfast should have, but from good quality ingredients. I am very picky about cleanliness everywhere, room, bathroom and kitchen (plates cutlery etc..) and I found all was immaculate. Caitlin really made our stay fantastic; she was like a friend rather than a hotel owner. We would like to thank her outstanding hospitality. I would definitely recommend this place to everyone and if I had the opportunity I would definitely return here again.

Room Tip: I think we stayed at the Island view (view to the sea and an island on it) This room very nice.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Katalin P

Reviewed 7 August 2011

We spent a lovely night here recently in a very comfortable family room followed by a super Full Irish. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank gernon
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We'd headed to the West side of Ireland to do a spot of drive-by B&B-ing. The area looked gobsmacking and the sign saying "Mweenish Island" looked too good to pass up. Having first tried another B&B which was full, the owners rang Atlantic View and we were told they had space. We were welcomed with a cup of tea, biscuits and a friendly chat. Our room had an beautiful ocean view on two sides and a very comfortable double bed (with a single in the same room we used as a giant clothes spreader-outerer. The shower power was strong and altogether I was happy with the room. Breakfast was excellent, at 9.30am I had cornflakes to start then a full Irish breakfast and then toast and marmalade - I did not feel hungry until about 2.30pm. The island surrounds are amazing, beautiful idylic beaches, rocky shores to clamber over. There's the most amazing array of wild flora and fauna and the sea's flora and fauna is just as varied and colourful. I could spend all day watching the swallows acrobatically swooping around. We were just going to stay a night but have already booked another, I can't see us leaving for a few more days though as there are more shores to explore, local mountains to climbs, and yummy breakfasts to be had.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shaggydabbydo
Reviewed 20 July 2011

A home from home, the accommodation was perfect, beautiful and clean. Caitlin was a fantastic host, she made me feel so welcome. The house has breathtaking views of the ocean and adjoining islands. Breakfast was delicious and set me up for the day of travelling I had ahead. I will surely return as soon as possible for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Galwaygirl1620
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The Atlantic Wave has amazing views of the sea and is in the most wonderful unspoilt environment of Mweenish Island. Despite being very handy from Carna Mweenish Island feels remote and the B&B overlooks the wild Atlantic. On a sunny day it is like paradise. I hadthe
beach to myself the whole day. Caitlin is a lovely person too and will give you a warm Irish welcome and a good breakfast. My favourite place in the whole of Ireland. Lovely for peaceful walks and cycle rides by the sea with views of the mountains of Galway. I'd happily stay a fortnight just in that one place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank DebTravelling
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We stayed in a very spacious, well appointed bedroom with two double beds an En-suite bathroom. We were warmly welcomed on arrival with tea/coffee and homemade cake and had a great breakfast each morning which included homemade brown bread and scones and real coffee! The scrambled eggs are to be recommended and the Full Irish would feed you for the day. The house is in a secluded setting in a glorious windswept terrain with spectacular sea views. But what was most wonderful was the welcome. Nothing was too much trouble and we were introduced to extended family and friends whenever we met up in the local village, Carna. Excellent value for money.
We visited for Féile Joe Éiniú, the Joe Heaney Festival of traditional Sean Nós singing in Carna in May. It showcased the very best of Irish traditional music, song and dance. Not to be missed!

Room Tip: Ask the landlady for advice
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cabrinidebarra
Reviewed 24 October 2010

The rooms are clean and spacious. Breakfast is delicious. Mynish is located next to the ocean and the rooms provide a beautiful view. Michael and Caitlin are so pleasant and accomodating. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank redlobstr

Been to Atlantic Wave? Share your experiences!