“Relaxed welcome at the Galley”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inishbofin
The Galley B&B & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Inishbofin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed at the Galley B & B for a week at the end of July. We were warmly welcomed and were offered tea and scones on arrival. The room was clean and comfortable and each morning Caroline gave us a good choice of breakfast with her home made brown bread and advised us on interesting walks on the island. She couldn't do enough for us and ensured our comfort at all times. I would highly recommend the Galley B & B if you need to de-stress, chill out and fully relax.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank jul612ia

Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stopped for lunch at the Galley. Staff were efficient but not particularly friendly. I was served a cup of coffee that truly had a disgusting taste and as I sipped it I realised that the inside of the blue pottery-style mug was absolutely filthy...This was probably part of why it tasted so bad. Obviously I didn't finish it. We also ordered sandwiches, soup and scones. These were adequate ifa little miserly in portion size. The dirty cup made me want to leave immediately. Afterwards, I wondered why I hadn't made a (polite) complaint and I concluded that it is part of being a visitor to an island. You feel you are there purely on the islanders' terms and the other normal part of the contract _ customer satisfaction _ is somehow suspended because one is offshore.
On meeting up with the rest of our party, we found my mother had been served a small, salty, over-priced bowl of 'chowder' (all milk, no fish) in the hotel and the teenagers had eaten frozen chips.
This was my second visit ot Inishbofin and will, sadly, be my last.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2010

From the minute we arrived in Inishbofin we were completely welcomed by Caroline and Dermot. We stayed in the newly renovated apartment above The Galley, a wonderful treat. It's beautifuly decorated, both homely and modern with a fabulous open stove fire. It was a gorgeous home away from home which left you needing nothing as it included absolutely everything you would need during your stay, even a washing machine! It provided complete privacy and independence yet you still feel like a welcomed guest. I would absolutely stay in the apartment the next time and would completely recommend it to anyone. The food in the Galley is also one other thing that I love, especially the chowder, cakes and lunch specials. Caroline and Dermot are so great, I really am looking forward to my next visit to the beautiful Inishbofin. The walk from the pier is truely worth every step so get booking!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PeaksDublin
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My wife and I stayed at the galley b&b over the bank holiday weekend.When booking we tried to get into one of the hotels,but with no joy as they were fully booked.The galley was recommended to us by both hotels so we were delighted to get a room there.We were collected from the ferry and brought to the b&b which was absolutely charming.The lady of the house showed us a map of the island,and recommended some lovely walks which we thoroughly enjoyed.Our room was ensuite with a magnificent view of the sea and crough patrick in the distance.The room was very clean,and blissfully quiet even though the b&b was full.Breakfast was very enjoyable and for a b&b had a great selection..All in all we had a great weekend,and have booked again for in august.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank tom-ooooo
Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights, and Caroline could not have been nicer. She is a wonderful cook, and made the best scones and crumpets I have ever had. All of the food in her attached cafe is home made by Caroline. She was so friendly and helpful, and her dog, Bailey, was a real sweetheart. I would absolutely recommend this B & B to anyone traveling to Inishbofin.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank CAPPY237
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Was visiting The Galley many times during my holidays.The B&B with its restaurant is situated in one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to.The family who runs The Galley is dead friendly!Wide selection of food, gorgeous breakfasts!Beautiful and very cosy rooms and restaurant.Would reccomend the place to both families and people travelling on their own.Simply perfect for me!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank M_83Poland
Reviewed 23 August 2006

The first time I ever arrived to Inishbofin it was late summer and dark (last ferry) about four years ago. We got to the B&B and couldn't see very much but were warmly welcomed at the entrance to the Galley - the interior decor is nautical themed with a unique features like reclaimed beams on the stairs and gleaming slate tiles. The rooms are clean and very homely. We were informed Breakfast was to be served in the coffee shop and the selection was a delight I was looking forward to morning already with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and freshly baked brown bread on the menu. Since I hadn't really seen the views and what was beyond the road, when I woke up I was overwhelmed by the views from the room and couldn't wait to wander the two minutes walk to the beach. Inishbofin is a haven of peace and quiet and the galley is gem on the Island. Needless to say I've been back every year since and would recommend a visit to Inishbofin and The Galley to anyone.

5  Thank Patsy_0808
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishbofin
1.0 km away
14.2 km away
Renvyle House Hotel
Renvyle House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Renvyle

Been to The Galley B&B & Restaurant? Share your experiences!