See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tuar Beag in Spiddal! Warm, hospitable welcome...home-made buns and the lift to the pub was a nice touch!! Calming, natural surroundings overlooking Galway bay across to the Burren coastline. Clean, comfortable,cosy... what more d'ya want as we Irish say?!!! Thanks a million, Siobhan & Eammon :-)

Room Tip: The Penthouse is fab!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I had a previous wonderful experience in a b&b in Spiddal, when recoevring from a heart problem, but could i find it this time??!! Anyways, I thoght this was it !! and recommended Tuar Beag to my nephew's very capable wife Sarah...and it was wow! with everything right from our arrival. We were a family group of 7 from Ireland and Canada going down the west coast from Omagh into Kinsale. Cork and back up to Dublin.

The hosts were super though we saw relatively little of Eamonn, because we suspect that Siobann's super service at breakfast was in part due to her hubbie's activities in the kitchen!! And what a breakfast! The range of choice, the quality of ingredients, the cooking and presentation of the breakfast, the surroundings and ambience of the breakfast room, the true Irish hospitality, the comfort and disposition of the bedrooms and guests' sitting room, the unsung but beautiful view of Galway Bay from some of the windows, the proximity to Galway City, and the ferries to the Arran Islands, all have left indelible memories and satisfaction.

I lost my mobile phone though, but Eamonn,Siobhan and family diligently and repeatedly searched inside and outside the property, and finally it was found in the deepest recesses of a settee in the Guest Sitting Room, posted to me, and safely received. For this, I am extremely grateful and relieved, as you can imagine.

I will make particular mention of a suite of rooms that are an unusual feature in b&bs but very practical. Siobann suggested the wonderful arrangement whereby my brother and I could have separate rooms within the suite, and each could snore away to his heart's content.

I rate the experience 5*****+. Am I exaggerating ever so slightly? Try it yourself and see. :-)

Room Tip: Ask about the suite. Ask for the room with the best view of Galway Bay, though even Eamonn and Siobhan may not be able to deliver on the SUNSET. If interested, you can hear Mass in Irish in the local church.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

From Eamonn’s friendly greeting, his doorstep history of Tuar Beag House, the Gaelic culture and the Roman influence on the road system and his warmest welcome to Siobhan’s great sense of humour, quick wit and expert skills at extracting the very last drop of coffee from a tired coffee machine, we loved it all. It was comfortable, charming and so welcoming.
Should we be so lucky as to be able to return to the Galway area, we would definitely want to return to Tuar Beag, our home away from home.
We had a truly delightful time there. It was easily one of the best and most accommodating B&BS we stayed at.
Thank you for your warm hospitality and delicious breakfasts and all of your kind services, particularly your impressive dive into our car to pull on the brakes so as to prevent it from rolling away. Yes, by far a more personalized service than any 5 star hotel could provide.
CdnBrauns

Room Tip: Best WiFi reception is downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Denis B
Reviewed January 8, 2012

this is a quaint B & B right on the road from Galway to Connemara. Rooms are comfortable and clean with a nice view of Galway Bay and Cliffs of Moher area. Eammon and Siobhan are excellent hosts and very knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was superb. Walking distance to craft area and good restaurants.

Room Tip: front facing rooms. first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bob L
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We highly recommend Tuar Beag. We were thoroughly satisfied during the eight days we stayed there in 2005 and had no reservations making Tuar Beag our home base for this twelve day stay. As expected, Tuar Beag retained it's cozy, friendly, inviting atmosphere as expected Siobhan and Eamonn were gracious hosts. During our stay I sampled many breakfast menu choices and I can truthfully say all were delicious. When my wife was ill and unable to make breakfast Siobhan made a special tray to take to her in the room. Again we highly recommend Tuar Beag and look forward to a return trip.

Room Tip: The second floor South West corner room has a balcon.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple