Free cancellation until 25/07
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cois Caolaire(Spiddal)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We visited Tuar Beag a decade ago and returned on our recent trip to Ireland. Siobhan is an excellent hostess with great knowledge of the area and a willingness to help guide her guests. She runs a well organized B&B with great breakfasts in a great location. The rooms are clean and we loved the spaciousness of our Aran Penthouse with the skylight that let the moon come into our room. She was kind enough to do a load of laundry for us which thrilled us at that stage of our holiday. We'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed in the Aran suite in July. The room, breakfast and view was lovely, and it was in close proximity to An Spidéal and to 2 nice beaches. The family were very welcoming, the kind daughter helped my friend out who had a problem with his bike, which we were very grateful for. I would recommend an Tuar Beag, and hopefully I will visit it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor, nice views of the Aran islands.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tuar Beag in Spiddal! Warm, hospitable welcome...home-made buns and the lift to the pub was a nice touch!! Calming, natural surroundings overlooking Galway bay across to the Burren coastline. Clean, comfortable,cosy... what more d'ya want as we Irish say?!!! Thanks a million, Siobhan & Eammon :-)

Room Tip: The Penthouse is fab!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I had a previous wonderful experience in a b&b in Spiddal, when recoevring from a heart problem, but could i find it this time??!! Anyways, I thoght this was it !! and recommended Tuar Beag to my nephew's very capable wife Sarah...and it was wow! with everything right from our arrival. We were a family group of 7 from Ireland and Canada going down the west coast from Omagh into Kinsale. Cork and back up to Dublin.

The hosts were super though we saw relatively little of Eamonn, because we suspect that Siobann's super service at breakfast was in part due to her hubbie's activities in the kitchen!! And what a breakfast! The range of choice, the quality of ingredients, the cooking and presentation of the breakfast, the surroundings and ambience of the breakfast room, the true Irish hospitality, the comfort and disposition of the bedrooms and guests' sitting room, the unsung but beautiful view of Galway Bay from some of the windows, the proximity to Galway City, and the ferries to the Arran Islands, all have left indelible memories and satisfaction.

I lost my mobile phone though, but Eamonn,Siobhan and family diligently and repeatedly searched inside and outside the property, and finally it was found in the deepest recesses of a settee in the Guest Sitting Room, posted to me, and safely received. For this, I am extremely grateful and relieved, as you can imagine.

I will make particular mention of a suite of rooms that are an unusual feature in b&bs but very practical. Siobann suggested the wonderful arrangement whereby my brother and I could have separate rooms within the suite, and each could snore away to his heart's content.

I rate the experience 5*****+. Am I exaggerating ever so slightly? Try it yourself and see. :-)

Room Tip: Ask about the suite. Ask for the room with the best view of Galway Bay, though even Eamonn and Siobhan may not be able to deliver on the SUNSET. If interested, you can hear Mass in Irish in the local church.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

From Eamonn’s friendly greeting, his doorstep history of Tuar Beag House, the Gaelic culture and the Roman influence on the road system and his warmest welcome to Siobhan’s great sense of humour, quick wit and expert skills at extracting the very last drop of coffee from a tired coffee machine, we loved it all. It was comfortable, charming and so welcoming.
Should we be so lucky as to be able to return to the Galway area, we would definitely want to return to Tuar Beag, our home away from home.
We had a truly delightful time there. It was easily one of the best and most accommodating B&BS we stayed at.
Thank you for your warm hospitality and delicious breakfasts and all of your kind services, particularly your impressive dive into our car to pull on the brakes so as to prevent it from rolling away. Yes, by far a more personalized service than any 5 star hotel could provide.
CdnBrauns

Room Tip: Best WiFi reception is downstairs.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends